Metal balls falling from space in southern Africa, Australia and Latin America

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 6K views
surajt88
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Any idea where these space balls came from? Its speculated that several such balls have dropped in southern Africa, Australia and Latin America in the past 20 years.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
You don't buy the http://www.nasa.gov/centers/wstf/laboratories/composite/index.html then? That what the others have turned out to be.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
surajt88 said:
Any idea where these space balls came from? Its speculated that several such balls have dropped in southern Africa, Australia and Latin America in the past 20 years.

Did you actually read that article?? They give a perfectly reasonable explanation of the balls.
 
surajt88 said:
Any idea where these space balls came from?
Simon Bridge said:
You don't buy the http://www.nasa.gov/centers/wstf/laboratories/composite/index.html
The images from these two articles match very well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The images from these two articles match very well.
I thought so.

Since this is the skepticism forum I suppose someone should point out that the skeptical approach at this stage would need some special reason to suppose anything different.

From the outset, the objects are clearly manmade, there are manmade objects in the sky, therefore it is not surprising to find manmade objects falling from the sky. Even without knowing about COPVs that should be enough to show there is no problem in the appearance of these objects. We would automatically suspect they were bits of something we put in the sky and look for likely candidates ... which has happened.

The likelyhood we need to look any further is very small.
The proper investigations are happening.

The article isn't even particularly bad. In fact it's one of the better reports I've seen.
 
Okay, without my glasses I was reading this as "meat balls falling from space". :smile: This isn't quite so bad.

I've heard of a lot of strange reports, but meat balls would be a first.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, without my glasses I was reading this as "meat balls falling from space". :smile: This isn't quite so bad.

I've heard of a lot of strange reports, but meat balls would be a first.

Better than me. I was thinking of Mel Brooks' movie. :biggrin:
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, without my glasses I was reading this as "meat balls falling from space". :smile: This isn't quite so bad.

I've heard of a lot of strange reports, but meat balls would be a first.
Thank you! That's what I keep reading!
 
MV5BMTg0MjAwNDI5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODkyMzg2Mg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg