Where do I get a very important paper published?

In summary: Well you would be surprised as I used some very advanced techniques such as calculus and matrix algebra. I would show it to you but I can not yet as it will (hopefully) one day net me a prize [maybe a Nobel o:)] though I can not risk having it exposed. I am sure you understand.No offense but I don't think you'll meet too many people on this board that don't understand calculus/linear algebra.
seminole
Hello,

I have been working very hard over the past few weeks and have managed to confirm a theory I have been harboring for a long time (mainly, that Einstein was incorrect about light and that it is in fact not a constant but varies according to the region of space you are in). This has profuse implications of course, mainly dealing with estimating the age of our universe. I rechecked the calculations twice so I know they are correct. Can someone tell me who I could contact to get this published in some big journal or something?

Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
Read this thread, and don't be surprised of plenty of people are skeptical, especially since you don't know what to do here.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=144013

Zz.

Thank you for the link. I understand if people are skeptical since this is a very advanced topic and it is likely over their heads, but hopefully it will be more clear to them in the future :)

seminole said:
Thank you for the link. I understand if people are skeptical since this is a very advanced topic and it is likely over their heads, but hopefully it will be more clear to them in the future :)

Oh, I doubt that it is over their heads :wink:

moose said:
Oh, I doubt that it is over their heads :wink:

Well you would be surprised as I used some very advanced techniques such as calculus and matrix algebra. I would show it to you but I can not yet as it will (hopefully) one day net me a prize [maybe a Nobel o:)] though I can not risk having it exposed. I am sure you understand.

No offense but I don't think you'll meet too many people on this board that don't understand calculus/linear algebra.

1. Where should I submit my paper for publication?

The best place to submit your paper for publication depends on the specific field and topic of your research. Generally, you should target journals or conferences that are well-respected and relevant to your research area.

2. How do I know if a journal or conference is reputable?

One way to determine the reputation of a journal or conference is to look at its impact factor, which measures the average number of citations per article. You can also look at the list of publications that are accepted in certain fields or ask colleagues for recommendations.

3. What should I consider when choosing a publication venue?

When choosing a publication venue, you should consider factors such as the target audience, prestige of the journal or conference, turnaround time for publication, and open access options. It is also important to carefully read the submission guidelines to ensure your paper meets all requirements.

4. Is it better to submit to a journal or a conference?

This can vary depending on your field and the specific research. In general, conferences are more appropriate for presenting newer or preliminary research, while journals are better for publishing more comprehensive and finalized studies. However, some fields value conference publications more than others, so it is important to research the norms in your field.

5. How long does the publication process usually take?

The publication process can vary greatly and can take anywhere from a few months to a year or more. This depends on factors such as the journal or conference's review process, the number of revisions required, and the length of time it takes to receive feedback from reviewers. It is important to regularly check the status of your submission and communicate with the publication venue for updates.