Where does most of your energy come from?

• Thread starter Kevin_Axion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Energy
In summary, Coffee is the main energy source for Rhody. It comes from other people around them, from locking people up in a computer simulation, and from harvesting their body health. It is still experimental, and requires more energy to harvest than it produces.

Where does most of your energy come from in your community?

• Total voters
Kevin_Axion
Where does most your energy come from in your local community?

Physics news on Phys.org

Coffee.

I came in this thread to tell where my energy comes from ... :grumpy:

It's from other people around me :biggrin:

I get my energy from locking people up in a computer simulation and by harvesting their body heath.

micromass said:
I get my energy from locking people up in a computer simulation and by harvesting their body heath.
That's really really evil.

Hypothetically, though, how would I go about doing that? Hypothetically.

Ultimately my energy came from a giant cloud of hydrogen that collapsed about 4 billion years ago. Or the big bang. Whichever is more "in" these days. Oh, and cake. Mmmm cake...

our campus cogen plant runs on both oil and coal, it has two burners and two boilers.

it sucks when the inversion layer traps all that crap down low.

zoobyshoe said:
That's really really evil.

Hypothetically, though, how would I go about doing that? Hypothetically.

It's simple, you need only to build a 3D digitizer like in tron. It requires six synchronous lasers and a magnetic trap. Optical tweezers really makes the job a breeze for coding protein configurations (otherwise you have to interface your machine with some kind of x-ray crystallography table).

As far as I know, it's still in the experimental phase though. You have to spend more energy running the machine than you can actually harvest from your victims. But it breaks more even than cold fusion.

Methane from cow gas... hehe...

Rhody...

micromass said:

:bugeye: *clears throat*

The local utility solds its generation as part of the deregulation strategy imposed by the state. Now they buy off the 'grid', which has a mix of generation.

Considering my energy comes off the nationwide grid the lions share of it is gas. Nice, expensive, extortionately priced gas...

Most of Maine's generating capacity is in the form of Hydro. There is a large oil-powered plant, and I think all of the paper mills have cogeneration agreements with the utilities. Maine is a net exporter of electricity, and we could probably supply all our own power with hydro without having to feed the grid.

1. Where does most of your energy come from?

Most of my energy comes from the food I consume. The carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in my diet are broken down into smaller molecules that are converted into ATP, which is used as a source of energy for my body's cells.

2. Does all of your energy come from food?

No, some of my energy also comes from the air I breathe. Oxygen is necessary for the process of cellular respiration, which produces ATP, so without oxygen, my body would not be able to generate energy from food.

3. Are there other sources of energy besides food and air?

Yes, there are other sources of energy that my body can use. For example, when I am physically active, my body can also use stored energy from glycogen and fat reserves. Additionally, sunlight can be converted into energy through the process of photosynthesis in plants, which is then consumed by animals for energy.

4. Can you create energy without consuming food?

No, as an organism, I am not capable of creating energy on my own. I require an external source of energy, such as food, to fuel my body's processes and maintain my metabolism.

5. How does your body convert food into energy?

The process of converting food into energy is called cellular respiration. It involves breaking down glucose, the simplest form of carbohydrate, into smaller molecules in the presence of oxygen. These molecules are then converted into ATP, which is used by the body as a source of energy for various functions.