Where to Find 5mm x 30mm Allen Head Thread Forming Screws?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mooref2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Screw Thread
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Mooref2
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am in search of 1000 5mm x 30mm Allen Head Thread Forming/cutting zinc plated steel Screw but can not seem to find this particular screw anywhere!

Does anyone know where I can find this screw? or possibly have it manufactured?

Thank you,
Mooref2
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Self-tapping screws are normally used with panels where you want a button head.
Socket head are normaly used when you need high strength.

Any reason it has to be socket head rather than posidrive?
You can get torx or security bit self tappers easily.
 
mgb_phys said:
Self-tapping screws are normally used with panels where you want a button head.
Socket head are normaly used when you need high strength.

Any reason it has to be socket head rather than posidrive?
You can get torx or security bit self tappers easily.

Im not sure for the reasoning behind it, but I've tried throwing out other ideas, but they are set on the socket head. They told me it would be difficult to find, didn't think it would be THIS difficult!
 
Whoa. Good luck on this one. I can find them with different head types but not SHCS.
 
I expect that you could have some made any any good machine shop, but it'll cost a lot.
Come to think of it, you could always buy another type of the right size and transplant Allen heads on with a welder. Again, very costly and time-consuming.