Where to find a printable version of Gravitation by Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hemmul
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Gravitation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
hemmul
Hello all!
I bet this is incorrect forum to post the question like this, but i hope moderators won't punish me too much for this :redface:
i wonder, does anybody of you have a printable version (with good quality!) of Gravitaion (von Charles W. Misner, Kip S. thorne, John Archibald Wheeler) in english?
I tried googling, altavisting etc, but found nothing that made sense...
Thanks in advance for cooperation :)
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I'm pretty sure the book is not online. AFAIK it is still in print.
 
hemmul said:
... but i hope moderators won't punish me too much for this

hmm...we haven't had a good flogging in a while...
 
Phobos said:
hmm...we haven't had a good flogging in a while...
erm... hmm... actually it seems to be a good tradition, and... i wonder, why starting with me? :rolleyes:

selfAdjoint said:
I'm pretty sure the book is not online. AFAIK it is still in print.
that's bad... because where i live, not only "radar can't pick us up", but also this book is a rarity (to say nothing of it in english!)... so i'll have to print it in other languages :)
thanks for reply :)
 
hemmul said:
... so i'll have to print it in other languages :)
...

I'm curious. What are some languages in which that book is
available online?
 
thanks for your reply, Hemmul.

I tried google-searching for an English version too
and had the same disappointing result as you.
there used to be a "Physics Napster" thread at
PF, I have lost track of it now. It might have a lead.

Yes, here it is:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=31

The trouble with this thread is that it is very long, so
it takes a while to scroll through it. I cannot say what
all is there. I do not have big hopes that it has the book
but it might be worth the effort of looking through it.
 
Last edited:
Thank You very much for Your help and Your time, marcus!
I'll now work through the thread you pointed...