Where to Obtain Fairy Shrimp for Allelopathy Project in California?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Malugabosh
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Malugabosh
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am an undergraduate at a California University. I am planning a project involving the testing of allelopathic chemicals of european pennyroyal on fairy shrimp populations in disturbed vernal pools. To do this, I need a native fairy shrimp species. I have my eyes on Linderiella occidentalis or Streptocephalus nealii, but I do not know where to obtain them. The one place I have found did not give a species ID beyond genus. Would you guys happen to know where I might obtain cysts? Really, anything that has a population in or near California would be awesome.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Have you to an advisor or faculty member at your university? I would think that the biology faculty with whom you are working would have experience in ordering samples.