Where to publish a few little articles?

• Other
  • Thread starter ergospherical
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Articles
In summary, the article discusses problems in hamiltonian mechanics that the author came up with and suggests that student-friendly journals or articles may be interested in publishing them. However, the author notes that the articles may not be original and that they may receive feedback that is not always nice.
ergospherical
I've been toying around with a few problems in hamiltonian mechanics that I came up with, they're nothing special but nonetheless I think they're fairly interesting. Are there any student-friendly journals etc. which might accept these sorts of articles? [I haven't written anything up yet, btw 😜]

Physics news on Phys.org
One of our strengths here at PF is to provide an environment for practising various skills. So you could write an Insight Article here, where you practice writing an article, i.e. with a lot of footnotes, a list of references, graphics or whatsoever, and last but not least: writing in a way others can understand without studying it first.

The (dis?)advantage is, that you will probably get feedback from your readers, which cannot be guaranteed to be nice. :cool:

Likes graphking, Twigg, Vanadium 50 and 2 others
fresh_42 said:
which cannot be guaranteed to be nice

"There is much in this paper that is interesting and original. Unfortunately, what is interesting is not original, and what is original is not interesting"

• Haha
Likes graphking, mathwonk and Doc Al
Vanadium 50 said:
"There is much in this paper that is interesting and original. Unfortunately, what is interesting is not original, and what is original is not interesting"

I don't know how you can say that when I haven't even written it up yet. :wink:

• Haha
Likes PeroK, DaveE, Delta2 and 1 other person
Statistically it's true of most papers. It was definitely true about my thesis.

• Sad
Likes PeroK, Delta2 and Twigg
ergospherical said:
Wow, PF can be so depressing. 😂 I was really excited about this. Can't you just pat me on the back, ...
Depends. What's your favorite football club? I have the impression you're a gunner.
ergospherical said:
... give me a cookie and tell me everything's going to be okay?
Log out and come back as a guest. You will be offered a lot of cookies!

• Haha
Likes Vanadium 50 and ergospherical
Bildschirmfoto-2020-04-21-um-10.27.39.jpg

ergospherical said:
Hell no :cry:... Watford F.C.'s the only club for me :cool:
I know what you mean. My favorite English clubs are QPR and Forest. 😭

• Haha
Likes Keith_McClary and ergospherical
Office_Shredder said:
Statistically it's true of most papers. It was definitely true about my thesis.
I think it was true for my Master thesis too o:)

What shall I say? I have an observation about Lie algebras (plus many examples and formulas) that must be worth something, nobody else knows it, and I am too stupid to make it a knife, although I'm convinced it could be done.

I have found a professor on math exchange whose field of competence is Lie algebras, and I wish I could contact and ask him what he thinks, but I don't want to appear as a crackpot. A funny side note is, that his father was a professor of mine!

So I am handcuffed, watch this thing, but cannot do anything about it.

1. Where should I publish my articles?

The best place to publish your articles will depend on the field of study and the specific topic of your articles. Some common options include academic journals, online publications, and industry-specific magazines.

2. How do I choose the right journal or publication?

When selecting a journal or publication, consider the scope and focus of the publication, the reputation and impact factor of the journal, and the target audience. It is also important to ensure that your article aligns with the publication's submission guidelines and formatting requirements.

3. What is the difference between open access and traditional journals?

Open access journals make articles available to readers without a subscription or paywall, while traditional journals require a subscription or payment to access articles. Open access journals often have a faster publication process and a wider readership, but may have publication fees for authors.

4. Should I publish in a high-impact journal or a lower-impact journal?

This decision will depend on your goals and the specific field of study. High-impact journals may have a larger readership and more prestige, but may also have a more competitive and rigorous submission process. Lower-impact journals may have a smaller readership, but may be more accessible for early-career researchers.

5. Can I publish my articles in multiple journals or publications?

In most cases, it is not recommended to publish the same article in multiple journals or publications. This is considered self-plagiarism and can damage your reputation as a researcher. However, you may be able to publish different versions or aspects of your research in multiple publications. It is important to check the publication's policies on multiple submissions before submitting your articles.