1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which are the best institutes offering MSc Physics in India?

1. Apr 27, 2014 #1
    I'm a IInd year BSc physics student.I would like to know about good institutions offering MSc physics. I also like to know about their entrance tests.

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

4. May 5, 2014 #3
    Maybe you should give a bit more information about your criteria of a good school. What things are a deciding factor in your choice? Academics, job prospects, prestige, cost etc? Can you also share some of your statistics such as your marks, how much research you did etc?

I know some people who have gone to IIT, Indian Institute of Science and University of Delhi for physics and they said it was a very good environment there. Those universities (I think) have a good reputation as well.

5. May 9, 2014 #4
    There are 15 IITs + IISc + 5 IISERs + TIFR + BHU(is good too) + CMI + 1 NIT(in the state which you live ) + 11 BITS so that makes 36.

They all have their websites, you can know best about their entrance tests from them.

6. May 11, 2014 #5
    hard to get prestigious schools include
    CMI
    IIST
    IISc
    TIFR
    IUCAA

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook