Which bibliography style does the Journal of Engineering Math use?

In summary, the Journal of Engineering Math uses the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) citation style for its bibliography. This style includes numbered citations within the text and a corresponding list of references at the end, with specific guidelines for formatting and citing different types of sources. It is commonly used in engineering and technical fields.
member 428835
Hi PF!

Do you know which bibliography style Journal of Engineering Math is? One example is attached. The template they provide for publishing does not specify, and the editor said to consult previous publications. After googling for an hour, I don't know where to turn. I could always email an author if you don't know.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.01.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.01.05 PM.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 114
Physics news on Phys.org
Found it! You need \usepackage[numbers]{natbib} in the preamble and \bibliographystyle{spbasic} as the bib style.

• Informative
Likes berkeman

1. What is the bibliography style used by the Journal of Engineering Math?

The Journal of Engineering Math uses the American Psychological Association (APA) style for its bibliographies.

2. Is there a specific edition of the APA style that the Journal of Engineering Math follows?

Yes, the Journal of Engineering Math follows the latest edition of the APA style, which is currently the 7th edition.

3. Are there any variations or modifications to the APA style used by the Journal of Engineering Math?

The Journal of Engineering Math does not have any specific variations or modifications to the APA style. However, it may have its own specific guidelines for formatting in-text citations and references.

4. Can I use other citation styles for my paper submitted to the Journal of Engineering Math?

No, the Journal of Engineering Math only accepts papers that follow the APA style for citations and references.

5. Where can I find more information about the APA style used by the Journal of Engineering Math?

You can find more information about the APA style on the official website of the American Psychological Association or by referring to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, which is the official guide for the APA style.