Which books are recommended for a beginner in paleoanthropology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RunSwimSurf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
RunSwimSurf
Gold Member
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Can anyone recommend any good paleoanthropology books?
I've searched through the books on Amazon and I'm considering:
Extinct Humans - Ian Tattersall
The Last Human - Sawyer
Smithsonian Guide to Human Origins
The Dawn of Human Culture

I'm looking for a good first-time book. I don't know much about the field other than what I've learned in general humanities and anthropology classes.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
RunSwimSurf said:
Can anyone recommend any good paleoanthropology books?

The PaleoAnthropology Society can help you. (1) The latest book that they have reviewed, The Human Lineage (Foundation of Human Biology) by Matt Cartmill, Fred H. Smith, and Kaye B. Brown (Hardcover - Mar 30, 2009), can be found on Amazon.(2)

1. http://www.paleoanthro.org/journal/book_reviews.asp

2. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_...oboken,+NJ:+Wiley-Blackwell&tag=pfamazon01-20.
 
Last edited by a moderator: