Which books should I buy for my college ?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
laviar
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello. I'm going to University on this September , Bachelor in Aeronautical Engineering. I want to know
Which are the best books for basic aeronautical engineering?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for. I think many engineering programs take pretty much the same coursework for the first year or so: Calculus, Physics, Chemistry. Some sort of programming like FORTRAN or C, maybe Python or MATLAB. Look at the college catalog to see what the degree program looks like.

There is a book, which I like: Eight Amazing Engineering Stories: Using the Elements to Create Extraordinary Technologies. Bill Hammack looks at different elements (for example Lead, then shows how a lead-acid battery works and why it is important in society). He has some nice YouTube videos under the name engineerguy. Both the book and videos give some insight into what makes good engineering (or not). It is not always the best scientific solution. Engineers often deal with budget and schedule constraints as well.

Here is the Amazon book link https://www.amazon.com/dp/0983966133/?tag=pfamazon01-20
His YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/engineerguyvideo/videos
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: laviar
scottdave said:
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for. I think many engineering programs take pretty much the same coursework for the first year or so: Calculus, Physics, Chemistry. Some sort of programming like FORTRAN or C, maybe Python or MATLAB. Look at the college catalog to see what the degree program looks like.

There is a book, which I like: Eight Amazing Engineering Stories: Using the Elements to Create Extraordinary Technologies. Bill Hammack looks at different elements (for example Lead, then shows how a lead-acid battery works and why it is important in society). He has some nice YouTube videos under the name engineerguy. Both the book and videos give some insight into what makes good engineering (or not). It is not always the best scientific solution. Engineers often deal with budget and schedule constraints as well.

Here is the Amazon book link https://www.amazon.com/dp/0983966133/?tag=pfamazon01-20
His YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/engineerguyvideo/videos

Thank you for your recommendation.