Which calculation should i use?@_@

• Thread starter shakie_ija
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculation
In summary, the problem involves a 1.4 kg bottle of milk lying horizontally with two surfaces at a 90-degree angle and making a 45-degree angle with the ground. The task is to calculate the magnitude of the forces exerted by each surface on the bottle. Possible equations to use include F=ma and w=mg, but finding the resultant force using cos and sine may also be an option. The net force on the bottle should also be considered, along with the vertical components of the forces.
shakie_ija
which calculation should i use??@_@

Homework Statement

a 1.4 kg bottle of milk is lying horizontally in the rack. the two surfaces on which the bottle rest r 900 apart, and the right surface makes an angle of 450 with the respect to the ground. each surface exerts a force on the bottle that is perpedicular to the surface. determine the magnitude of each of these forces
* the bottle is lying 90 degree vertically

Homework Equations

f=ma?
w=mg?
or should i find the resultant force by using cos and sine

The Attempt at a Solution

ive tried..but all the answer are different..

Physics news on Phys.org

Call the force exerted by each surface on the bottle F. What other forces act on the bottle? What's the net force on the bottle? Consider vertical components.

1. What is the difference between mean, median, and mode?

Mean, median, and mode are all different ways to measure the central tendency of a set of data. Mean is the average of all the values, median is the middle value when the data is arranged in ascending or descending order, and mode is the most frequently occurring value.

2. How do I determine which calculation to use?

The calculation you should use depends on the type of data you have and the question you are trying to answer. For example, if you want to find the average of a set of numerical data, you would use the mean calculation. If you want to find the most commonly occurring value, you would use the mode calculation.

3. Can I use more than one calculation?

Yes, you can use more than one calculation to analyze your data. In fact, it is often beneficial to use multiple calculations to gain a more thorough understanding of your data. However, make sure you are using the appropriate calculations for your specific data and question.

4. How do I know if my data is skewed?

If your data is skewed, it means that the distribution of your data is not symmetrical. You can determine if your data is skewed by looking at a histogram or box plot of your data. If the data is not evenly distributed around the mean, it is likely skewed.

5. Are there any other calculations I should consider?

Yes, there are many other calculations that may be useful depending on your data and research question. Some examples include standard deviation, variance, correlation, and regression. It is important to consult with a statistician or do further research to determine which calculations are most appropriate for your specific data and question.