Which Chemistry Books Can Help Boost My Confidence and Interest?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Vatsal Goyal
Messages
51
Reaction score
6
Hi everyone, I am a 10th grade student studying in India( would be in 11th in 2 months)I am not very good at chemistry. I have difficulty understanding the concepts. Although I don't have any doubts, I just don't feel confident. Also, my teacher is not very good. Whenever I would ask him anything, he would say it is irrelevant and there is no need to understand it, while I want to go deep into the subject and understand it completely.

Can anyone suggest me a good chemistry book that would strengthen, encourage me to think and boost my interest in chemistry?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Books by themselves will not do what you want. What is necessary is combine the right book sequence with Physics, Mathematics, and some practical skills (like from engineering), and LABORATORY EXERCISES, properly assigned in adequately equipped lab classrooms. One more thing, is to include some Chemistry courses, along with their assigned textbooks.

Years ago, one of the good authors for General Chemistry textbooks was Petrucci; and there was another author of a good General Chemistry book whose name started with M, but I no longer remember exactly. Mortimer? Mortinson? Morrison?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Vatsal Goyal