What Physics Books Can Help Regain Reality Post-Psychosis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter White Night
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hi Suggestions
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
White Night
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi I'm white knight(night) and I'm from california. I noticed you didn't have a new member intro section, nor an off topic section so I'm posting here. I signed up on your forum because, well to be frank, i had a bad trip on some drugs about a year ago and had a psychotic breakdown/shift in consciousness and I'm now recovering and I'm trying to find solidity in my reality. I was always good at math and I figured a better understanding of physics would help me with this conundrum of mine.

What books related to physics should i read to better understand the workings of things? It would be nice to start with the foundation of physics and work my way outwards to more advanced theories. I read Parallel Worlds by Michio kaku and I'm currently reading a biography on Einstein. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello there, what is your current math background?
 
Welcome to PF, White Knight.
You're in the right place. Lots of us have mental problems (mine is ADD), and have managed to make that a positive. I can't really recommend any books because of my age. In my day, it was Carl Sagan, Steven Weinberg, Isaac Asimov...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: spaceodyssey
If you can get a hold of the Feynman lectures in physics, I would suggest reading the earlier volumes.
 
White Night said:
Hi I'm white knight(night) and I'm from california. I noticed you didn't have a new member intro section, nor an off topic section

Try our General Discussion forum, down near the bottom of the list. That's where most people put their introductions.

Tip: if you decide to post a proper introduction there, you can save us a step by telling us up front what your favorite fish is. :smile: