Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which degree is m ost demanding?

1. Apr 27, 2006 #1
    We've discussed the many feilds of science,technology,and engineering. But now I'd like to know what the most difficult degree is period.

Liberal Arts,Law,Physics,Business,Healtchcare,Accounting?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2006 #2
    Depends on the talents of the student.

I don't know where you wanna go with this question. Why do you care ?

marlon

4. Apr 27, 2006 #3
    i sort of wonder this also. after doing a math degree i find it so much easier to understand everything else, probably due to the abstractness of math. though from my experience i think all non-social-science & non-education degrees are equally difficult. i know an english student who studies (& of course writes about) approx 1 whole novel each week in each of the 5 courses she takes in a term. that's about 5x13=75 novels per term + moderate-length (~10-15 page) papers about them. for me since i hate lab writeups i would find a chem, physics or engineering degree most difficult.

5. Apr 28, 2006 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

the most difficult is the one you enjoy least.

after trying analysis i was forced to switch back to algebraic geometry because i coul not persist to the degree unless i was having fun.

6. Apr 28, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Liberal arts is by definition the easiest since that's one field you already touched on everything to a fair amount before and you're not required to know much of anything.

7. Apr 29, 2006 #6
    Arts and Crafts

8. Apr 29, 2006 #7
    Music - I've taken several piano classes and can still barely play chopsticks.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook