1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which degree is m ost demanding?

1. Apr 27, 2006 #1
    We've discussed the many feilds of science,technology,and engineering. But now I'd like to know what the most difficult degree is period.

Liberal Arts,Law,Physics,Business,Healtchcare,Accounting?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2006 #2
    Depends on the talents of the student.

I don't know where you wanna go with this question. Why do you care ?

marlon

4. Apr 27, 2006 #3
    i sort of wonder this also. after doing a math degree i find it so much easier to understand everything else, probably due to the abstractness of math. though from my experience i think all non-social-science & non-education degrees are equally difficult. i know an english student who studies (& of course writes about) approx 1 whole novel each week in each of the 5 courses she takes in a term. that's about 5x13=75 novels per term + moderate-length (~10-15 page) papers about them. for me since i hate lab writeups i would find a chem, physics or engineering degree most difficult.

5. Apr 28, 2006 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

the most difficult is the one you enjoy least.

after trying analysis i was forced to switch back to algebraic geometry because i coul not persist to the degree unless i was having fun.

6. Apr 28, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Liberal arts is by definition the easiest since that's one field you already touched on everything to a fair amount before and you're not required to know much of anything.

7. Apr 29, 2006 #6
    Arts and Crafts

8. Apr 29, 2006 #7
    Music - I've taken several piano classes and can still barely play chopsticks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?