1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Which Engineering Professional Society to join?

1. Jun 15, 2012 #1
    Which Engineering Professional Society to join??

Hi, i've been in UK industry as a cad designer/production engineer for about a year now and feel its probably more than about time i joined a professional body.

i have a HND (bombed out of my degree in final year, probably due to being offered a job regardless of final results) so i will no doubt be going in at a disadvantage to other grads.

i'm fairly new to the institution thing in truth, but i'm keen to progress professionally and i think it will be a good step in the right direction.

My question is which one?! my boss is in the IET, but i was rcommended at uni to join IMECHE, is there any benefits/differences i should know of?

any info is welcome.

(and sory if this is a re-hash of another thread, i couldnt find it!)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2012 #2
    Re: Which Engineering Professional Society to join??

The IMechE seems like the most relevant to CAD engineers. Not sure which level you'd have to join at though since you've only got an HND.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook