Which IB science course should I choose: Physics, Chemistry, or Biology?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Benzene_ring
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

I am currently a sophomore and I am having some trouble choosing between IB Physics, IB Chemistry, and IB Biology. I can select two of these courses for next year but I can't seem to make a decision. All of them will be helpful for the fields I am thinking of going into, and they all seem like really enjoyable classes but I simply cannot choose between them. Any advice would be much appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What fields are you considering to study in college?
 
I am considering Pharmaceuticals, Biophysics, and Nutrition
 
Nice, those are interesting fields! I would advise Chemistry and Biology.

Just be prepared for a lot of memorization in Biology - that's a field that requires an immense knowledge base.
 
I'm currently taking IB Physics (HL) and Chemistry (SL) and they're both really fun. Biology isn't really my thing mainly because of what lisab said- lots of memorization (and not much interesting stuff going on, but that's just my opinion). In my biased opinion I'd tell everyone to take physics and chemistry. But considering the fields you're planning to go into, I'd honestly have to say Chem and Bio. (Although IB Physics is *really* fun!)