• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Which is better Phillips or Griffiths ?

I have this two books

Introduction to Quantum Mechanics - A. Phillips
Introduction to Quantum Mechanics - D. Griffiths

My question is which of this two books to read,I need for exam,but in my country (better to say my college) we don't have book on our language,that is made exactly for my course, so we are learning on class or from some scripts that our professor made and they are so confusing.Also he told us to read Quantum Mechanics - Peebles, P.J.E. but I don't like way of narration in this book.

I don't know Philips' books, but as far as I can tell, Griffith's book is a strong textbook if it is your first quantum mechanics class. The important concepts are made clear and are very well explained. And you have a lot of examples in it.

Philips' book doesn't seem to be very well rated on amazon.

Thanks on replay I just started

Introduction to Quantum Mechanics - D. Griffiths

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
philips sux, griffits is surperior!!

Doc Al

Mentor
philips sux, griffits is surperior!!
I agree. I have both. I never used them in school--I'm too old!--but Griffiths is the one you want.

I am using Griffiths, so I cannot comment on Phillips, but so far Griffiths has been a good text (I am using both E&M and QM Griffiths). Isn't confusing or anything, so even if Phillips is better, Griffiths is still not a bad choice.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads