Which is better Phillips or Griffiths ?

• Thread starter nucleuswizard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Griffiths
In summary, when choosing between A. Phillips' and D. Griffiths' Introduction to Quantum Mechanics books, it seems that Griffiths' book is the preferred option. While there is little information on Phillips' book, Griffiths' book is highly rated and well-explained, making it a strong textbook for those new to quantum mechanics. Additionally, some individuals have stated that they are using both Griffiths' E&M and QM books and have found them to be clear and not confusing.
nucleuswizard
I have this two books

Introduction to Quantum Mechanics - A. Phillips
Introduction to Quantum Mechanics - D. Griffiths

My question is which of this two books to read,I need for exam,but in my country (better to say my college) we don't have book on our language,that is made exactly for my course, so we are learning on class or from some scripts that our professor made and they are so confusing.Also he told us to read Quantum Mechanics - Peebles, P.J.E. but I don't like way of narration in this book.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know Philips' books, but as far as I can tell, Griffith's book is a strong textbook if it is your first quantum mechanics class. The important concepts are made clear and are very well explained. And you have a lot of examples in it.

Philips' book doesn't seem to be very well rated on amazon.

Thanks on replay I just started

Introduction to Quantum Mechanics - D. Griffiths

philips sux, griffits is surperior!

malawi_glenn said:
philips sux, griffits is surperior!
I agree. I have both. I never used them in school--I'm too old!--but Griffiths is the one you want.

I am using Griffiths, so I cannot comment on Phillips, but so far Griffiths has been a good text (I am using both E&M and QM Griffiths). Isn't confusing or anything, so even if Phillips is better, Griffiths is still not a bad choice.

1. What are the main differences between Phillips and Griffiths?

Phillips and Griffiths are both reputable companies in their industries, but they have different areas of expertise. Phillips is known for their consumer electronics, while Griffiths specializes in industrial equipment. Additionally, Phillips is a larger company with a global reach, while Griffiths is a smaller, more localized company.

2. Which company has better quality products?

Both Phillips and Griffiths are known for producing high-quality products. However, the definition of "quality" may vary depending on the product and industry. It is best to research the specific product or equipment you are interested in to determine which company may have the better quality for your needs.

3. Is one company more environmentally friendly than the other?

Both Phillips and Griffiths have made efforts towards sustainability and reducing their environmental impact. However, Phillips has been recognized for its commitment to eco-friendly practices and has received various awards for its efforts. Griffiths may have similar initiatives, but it is not as widely recognized as Phillips in this aspect.

4. Which company has better customer service?

Customer service can vary greatly between individual experiences and is not necessarily a reflection of the entire company. However, Phillips has a larger customer base and may have more resources to provide better customer service. Griffiths may have a more personalized approach due to its smaller size, but it may not have the same level of resources as Phillips.

5. Which company is more financially stable?

Both Phillips and Griffiths are established companies with a good reputation in their respective industries. However, Phillips has a larger market share and a more diverse product range, which may make it a more financially stable company overall. Griffiths may have a more specialized market, which could make it more susceptible to fluctuations in the industry.