Which is better, Star Wars or Star Trek?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Viper
  • Start date Start date

What is the better franchise?

  • Star Wars

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Star Trek

    Votes: 11 78.6%

  • Total voters
    14
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 5K views
Viper
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Ok what's better and why?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I voted trek for seven of nine (sorid rant edited out.)
 
I voted for trek because it just better! I can't explain why i voted for it other than that i prefer to watch Star Trek.
 
I only picked Star Wars because it never claimed to be scientifically consistent - while it was implied in Star Trek that it was - and neither of them (Wars or Trek) are.
 
Apples and oranges but I'd have to say Trek. If you ignore the really ridiculous stuff you can almost pretend that it's real.

Raavin:wink:
 
Look at my avatar and you know my answer. Luke would pummel Kirk to bloody goo. And Light sabers are cooler than phasers. And besides, what kind of alien civilization would name their planet X-2347R?!
 
i voted for trek, mostly the old stuff. i know most of it was ripped from classic literature but i still appreciate the moral and ethical situations portrayed in them more than star wars which i find to be of less value in that sense.
 
Star wars is cool but I feel episodes one and two have dampened down the flame a bit, they were a bit crap. Jar JAR STEPPING IN CRAP, WHY?
 
I liked Star Trek more. Star Wars is good and has better special effects but only comes in second place.
 
I made the same thread in PF 2.0... It eventually ended up in a very large debate resulting in no conclusion. However, I voted StarTrek
 
I voted star trek, but not because I like it. I hate them both, but treky nerds are really funny to laugh at so it really makes my day sometimes.
 
Originally posted by drag
Hey !
That's not fair !
I can't choose between ST and SW !
Maybe we should choose Lost in Space my green princely friend.
 
Originally posted by BoulderHead
Maybe we should choose Lost in Space my green
princely friend.
Oh NOOOOOOOO !
The HORROR !
I can't rule-out that show either !

P.S. Weren't I the black or red one ?

P.P.S. Who was in Dr. Smith's discise ? :wink:
 
I remember the fear I felt when they first encountered this dude;
http://home.pacbell.net/thoemke1/robby-the-robot/lis-15.html

Fortunately the robot had a trusty old hammer to fix the problem;
http://home.pacbell.net/thoemke1/robby-the-robot/lis-03.html
 
Last edited by a moderator: