Mysteries of hyperspace in Star Wars?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 2K views
Maximum7
Messages
125
Reaction score
11
I was reading the Star Wars YT-1300 Complete Reference Manual and it mentioned that their are some aspects of hyperspace that remain a mystery aside from those well-established facts acknowledged by all competent astrophysicists.

What could be one of the main mysteries? I can’t think of any.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Maximum7 said:
I was reading the Star Wars YT-1300 Complete Reference Manual and it mentioned that their are some aspects of hyperspace that remain a mystery aside from those well-established facts acknowledged by all competent astrophysicists.

What could be one of the main mysteries? I can’t think of any.
Ehh? What do competent astrophysicists have to do with it? You realize this is science fiction, right? Aspects that remain a mystery would include anything that Lucas didn't need to/bother to write about.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: paradisePhysicist and Vanadium 50
russ_watters said:
Ehh? What do competent astrophysicists have to do with it? You realize this is science fiction, right? Aspects that remain a mystery would include anything that Lucas didn't need to/bother to write about.
what he said (very small).jpg
 
I was hoping someone would approach it from an in-universe point of view. That’s what this sub forum is for
 
Maximum7 said:
their are some aspects of hyperspace that remain a mystery aside from those well-established facts acknowledged by all competent astrophysicists.
That means they reserved some possible plot items to be exploited later.

If you look at the map of the SW galaxy, almost half of that is not accessible by FTL and it also has an outer boundary too.
Both hyperspace 'mystery' were used as basis of some stories already.

I suggest you stop being bothered by their non-science scifi. Just make up your own corner there and be happy with it.
 
Last edited: