Which is the best brand for a car battery

In summary, choosing the best brand for a car battery can be a difficult decision. However, some top brands include Optima, ACDelco, and Bosch. These brands offer high-quality batteries with good warranties and reliable performance. It is important to consider the specific needs and requirements of your car when selecting a battery, as well as reading reviews and comparing prices. Ultimately, the best brand for a car battery will depend on individual preferences and budget.
Grands
Hi guys.
I need a battery car, do you know which is then best brand?
I've heard about dyno, does someone who about it?

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You might want to say where you are located.

Likes Grands
jim mcnamara said:
Why is this relevant ?
I'm in UE

jim mcnamara said:
Grands said:
Why this is relevant ?
Country or continent may be relevant, but not necessarilly on a universal market ...

Likes Grands
Yes, I'm from Italy.

You would get better information from a car-focused forum/source. Identifying the 'best' (by what measure, cost, cold weather performance, hot weather performance, durability, warranty, etc?) brand of battery has nothing to do with physics (thought the battery manufacturer is using physics in the design - but that is mostly hidden from us).

Questions like this are "noise" in a physics forum, IMO.

NTL2009 said:
You would get better information from a car-focused forum/source. Identifying the 'best' (by what measure, cost, cold weather performance, hot weather performance, durability, warranty, etc?) brand of battery has nothing to do with physics (thought the battery manufacturer is using physics in the design - but that is mostly hidden from us).

Questions like this are "noise" in a physics forum, IMO.
This is in general discussion. Allowed, I think.
Dyno sounds good ...
https://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&sour...AYAQFgjlATAb&usg=AOvVaw3CpYpZdBn3B1g-FmSdF_hl

http://www.dynobattery.com/

Likes Grands
I thought that in the general discussions are allowed almost any kind of thread.

Anyway, does someone know how much the car battery can last if I will charge it?

Likes Stavros Kiri
Grands said:
I thought that in the general discussions are allowed almost any kind of thread.

Anyway, does someone know how much the car battery can last if I will charge it?
Except for politics etc. ...

Depends on the use.

This could also go on engineering, for more expert views ... (But no double-posting ...)

Likes Grands
Stavros Kiri said:
OK, but I still think he'd get much better info on a local forum (I imagine some of the battery outlets/brands and prices in the US are different from what is available in Italy). Might even want to check a forum on the specific car the battery is going in to.

Fresh is important. A battery sitting on the shelf "ages".

Grands said:
... Anyway, does someone know how much the car battery can last if I will charge it?

Now that is a physics question. Unfortunately, it doesn't include any relevant information to make it answerable. It's like the "how long is a string?" question.

Likes Stavros Kiri
NTL2009 said:
OK, but I still think he'd get much better info on a local forum (I imagine some of the battery outlets/brands and prices in the US are different from what is available in Italy). Might even want to check a forum on the specific car the battery is going in to.
It's not a problem to buy stuff from USA, sometimes is more cheap than in Italy because there aren't so many taxes.

Grands said:
It's not a problem to buy stuff from USA, sometimes is more cheap than in Italy because there aren't so many taxes.
It seems like the shipping would double the price of a heavy item like a battery...

Likes Grands
berkeman said:
It seems like the shipping would double the price of a heavy item like a battery...
Not every shop online do that, and this is not the point of the question, I just asked a good brand for car battery.

Grands said:
and this is not the point of the question
So cost is no object. Got it. You probably should have said that in your first post in the thread then...

Likes NTL2009
Likes Stavros Kiri and Grands
Stavros Kiri said:
Country or continent may be relevant, but not necessarilly on a universal market ...
OK, let's test that. On my morning walks, I often pass by an O'Reilly car-parts store (a big chain in the US). On their https://www.oreillyauto.com/, I apparently can't bring up a general list of all brands of batteries that they stock, so I specified my car and got a single brand: Super Start. Do you have that brand where you live?

I have a good experience with VARTA, which should be available on any EU market. But I don't know whether it is the best...

jtbell said:
OK, let's test that. [...] O'Reilly car-parts store [...] Super Start.
I decided that must be an O'Reilly store brand, so I tried Amazon (US). I got listings for ACDelco, ExpertPower, Odyssey, Optima, Exide, PowerSonic, MotoBatt, and XS Power. There may be more, but I scrolled through only 3-4 pages of results. Free shipping within the US, which surprised me because of the weight, typically about 30 pounds (about 13-14 kg). But I bet the shipping is built into the price, and it's only within the US, anyway. Shipping from the US to Europe looks like about USD$65.

When I need a new battery, I go to the local car-repair & tire shop that I've used for about 30 years, get what they recommend, and let them install it. I haven't had to do it with my current car yet, and I don't remember what they used the last time I did it with my old car.

The large number of apparent choices can be misleading. I used to have an Audi A4, and there were no fewer than a dozen replacement brands. But there is actually only one manufacturer, Johnson Controls.

jtbell said:
Super Start. Do you have that brand where you live?
The name reminds me of something. I think I've come across it at some point in the US, but I' m not really sure. But then, once you know it, you can order it anywhere, most of the time ...

My suggestion is that most known and famous major brands are good and reliable ... because they don't want to risk their name! ...
"Best" is a big word, and relative too, that is if there is such a thing in the first place.

What if I want to replace with the original one, where can I find it?

Grands said:
Have you tried to look for it?

Likes Grands
Mark44 said:
Have you tried to look for it?
Yes, but I didn't found it on Internet, I searched for hours.

Grands said:
What's the brand name for this battery?

Likes Grands
I doesn't have, one the battery it is wrote only BMW.

There is a duracell battery that probably work, but it's not the original one.

If you want an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) battery, go to a BMW dealer and get one there. If that's of little concern, get whatever your heart desires.
Since "best" in terms of a battery is highly subjective, there's no way we can tell you what the "best" battery is.

Thread closed.

Likes Stavros Kiri and NTL2009

What factors should I consider when choosing the best brand for a car battery?

When choosing the best brand for a car battery, there are several factors to consider. These include the battery's size, type, cold-cranking amps (CCA), reserve capacity, and warranty.

Which brand offers the longest-lasting car batteries?

It is difficult to determine which brand offers the longest-lasting car batteries as it depends on various factors such as the type of vehicle, driving habits, and climate. It is important to research and read reviews to find a brand known for its durability and longevity.

Is it worth paying more for a well-known brand?

In most cases, it is worth paying more for a well-known brand. These brands often have a reputation for producing high-quality batteries that are reliable and long-lasting. However, it is still important to consider the specific features and specifications of the battery rather than just the brand name.

What are some popular brands for car batteries?

Some popular brands for car batteries include Optima, DieHard, ACDelco, Bosch, and Interstate. These brands are known for their quality and reliability in the automotive industry.

Can I use any brand of car battery for my vehicle?

No, it is important to use a car battery that is compatible with your vehicle. This includes considering the battery's size, type, and specifications recommended by your vehicle's manufacturer. Using an incompatible battery can cause damage to your vehicle and affect its performance.