Which Language Is Easier to Learn: French or Spanish?
- Topic: Lingusitics
- Thread starter En_lizard
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 9K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,859
- 6
EL said:Really? But everyone speaks their own language in the Parliament?
Well the elected members of the parliament from member states can't be expected to know one of either english or french but the permanent staff there adhere to this rule. Why german isn't a third option is beyond me because its the second most common language in europe with french being third.
Science Advisor
- 558
- 0
Probably because the French are so stubborn and refuse to learn English...Kurdt said:Well the elected members of the parliament from member states can't be expected to know one of either english or french but the permanent staff there adhere to this rule. Why german isn't a third option is beyond me because its the second most common language in europe with french being third.
ziad1985
- 244
- 0
I thought for a second that this was a very crappy French..Cyclovenom said:...que tal si vos aprende la lengua de Cervantes?
Never realized how similar Spanish and French are..
I always knew Italian was similar...
En_lizard
- 76
- 0
which one is easier to learn?
Homework Helper
- 3,149
- 8
EL said:Probably because the French are so stubborn and refuse to learn English...
That's exactly the reason why I feel a bit sorry for learning french for 4 years.
En_lizard said:which one is easier to learn?
French grammar is hard, but then, I don't know about spanish grammar, since I didn't learn spanish.
marlon
- 3,779
- 11
More than 60 % of the Belgian people speak Dutch as their mothertongue ! But, yes , we also speak French. I agree with Cyrus though, French is more spoken in Europe than Spanish.radou said:Btw, Belgium and Switzerland are small. And of course france speaks french. And they speak only french.
You are right when you say that the French suck at speaking other languages, but so do the Italians and the Spanish. Trust me, i know from a daily experience LOL :)
marlon
Last edited:
marlon
- 3,779
- 11
radou said:French grammar is hard, but then, I don't know about spanish grammar, since I didn't learn spanish.
I studied French for 8 years in high school (which is required here in Belgium) and i also studied Italian in evening classes. I assure you that French grammar is much harder than Spanish/Italian grammar.
marlon
Similar threads
Lingusitics
Should I learn French or Spanish?
- WiFO215
- · Replies 31 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 31
- Nicolas Beltran
- · Replies 11 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 11
- mtingt
- · Replies 8 ·
- Precalculus Mathematics Homework Help
- Replies
- 8
- heman
- · Replies 22 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 22
Lingusitics
Which new language should i learn?
- hover
- · Replies 29 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 29