Which line is stonger? orange, green or blue?

• Thread starter Brown Arrow
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Green Line
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of "stronger" light and how it relates to intensity and wavelength. The context of the conversation is an experiment involving photo current and a mercury lamp. While the blue line has the shortest wavelength and carries the most energy, the green line may appear the brightest to the human eye due to its intensity and the eye's sensitivity to green light. The specific purpose of the "stronger" light is not specified, but it is noted that the violet line at 430 nm may have the most "spectral power".
Brown Arrow

Homework Statement

hey,

i just wanted to know which line is stronger: orange, green or blue(i mean light which one has a stronger line? )

how would you know it?

thanks in advance
BA

Homework Equations

N/a

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm not sure how to approach it do i look for high wavelength or higher frequency?

Physics news on Phys.org
is the answer Blue since it has shorter wave length?

What do you mean by the word "stronger"? Give us some context.

well i doing an experiment about photo current so first i had to vary the intensity of green light and take measurements to find stopping potential.

next it says "using one of the stronger lines, determine the photo current as a function of light intensity "

so I am assuming that they are talking about the intensity hence the wave length :confused:

i guess they mean more energetic :/

No. Blue photons carry the greatest energy, but intensity is completely independent of photon energy. Intensity is the photon flux of a beam of light (assuming we're staying with the particle picture).

"Stronger" in this case probably is referring to blue light, but saying blue light has greater intensity than green has no meaning.

Intensity and wavelength are completely different things.

What are you using for a light source?

spectrun of Hg ...i for get the name of the lamp ... i think it was a Mercury lamp

Brown Arrow said:
spectrun of Hg ...i for get the name of the lamp ... i think it was a Mercury lamp

Well, looking at the spectrum of a mercury lamp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-vapor_lamp), it seems to me that the violet line at 430 nm has the most "spectral power".

However, since the human eye is most sensitive to green light (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIE_1931_color_space), the green line will look the most bright.

I guess it's rather important what you need it for. ;).

1. Which color line is the strongest?

The strength of a line is not determined by its color. There are many factors that contribute to the strength of a line, such as the material it is made of, its diameter, and its construction.

2. Is it better to use an orange, green, or blue line for fishing?

The best line to use for fishing depends on the type of fish you are targeting, the fishing conditions, and personal preference. It is best to consult with experienced fishermen or do research on the specific type of fishing you will be doing to determine the best line to use.

3. Are colored lines stronger than clear lines?

The color of a line does not affect its strength. The strength of a line is determined by its material and construction, not its color.

4. What is the difference between orange, green, and blue lines?

The main difference between these colored lines is their visibility in different water conditions. Orange lines are more visible in murky or stained water, green lines are better for clear water, and blue lines are harder for fish to see in deep water.

5. Can I use any color line for any type of fishing?

Yes, you can use any color line for any type of fishing as long as it is strong enough for the fish you are targeting and suitable for the fishing conditions. However, some colors may be more effective in certain situations, so it is important to consider the water conditions and fish behavior when choosing a line color.