Which Major Requires More Chemistry: Medicine or Pharmacy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aizen92
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
aizen92
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
a question to be answered please

I was wondering, which of the two majors medicine or pharmacy requires more chemistry?
and what lessons of the chemistry does it require the most in both majors?
thnx in advance
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org


I am not sure about this. But I know that both med school and pharm school require pretty much Gen. Chem I, II, ORgo. I, Orgo. II, they are very similar.
 


aizen92 said:
I was wondering, which of the two majors medicine or pharmacy requires more chemistry?
and what lessons of the chemistry does it require the most in both majors?
thnx in advance


Medicine requires more biological chemistry applications whereas pharmacy requires analytical chemistry techniques like dispensing and % weight analysis.