Which topic to pick for physics coursework?

In summary, the conversation discusses different topic options for a physics coursework. The speaker suggests choosing a topic that can be linked to multiple aspects of physics, such as quantum or nanotechnology. Other topic suggestions include maglevs and the physics of football. The conversation also addresses the misconception that nanotechnology is solely a biology topic, when in fact it has many applications in other fields and is rooted in physics.
deltz
Which topic to pick for physics coursework??!?

For our physics coursework we can choose any topic around physics to talk about and I am stuck on which one to do.

A good topic will be one that I can link many other aspects of physics to it, for example quantum or something else. Previous done topics are zero point field where he has linked it to many things and also CERN and talked about furture impacts and so on.

Many Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

hey deltz, welcom to PF

I think nanotechnology is an interesting topic and can be related to many aspects of physics. for instance; it can enhance the super conductivity behavior of the material of interest and nano materials show some aspect of quantum behavior and many other things, hope this helps and good luck.

Hmmm nano technology was asked in lesson, and teacher said it was more of a bioligy topic, some more topics thrown across the room was maglev's, physics of football. Any more ideas? :)

deltz said:
Hmmm nano technology was asked in lesson, and teacher said it was more of a bioligy topic
nooooo, not at all :wink: It can be used for biological applications, sure, but there are plenty of other applications in other sciences and engineering, and the pure research underlying nanotech is all physics.

There's probably a lot of good information on Wikipedia...

1. What are some interesting topics for physics coursework?

There are countless interesting topics for physics coursework, but some popular choices include motion and forces, electricity and magnetism, optics, thermodynamics, and quantum mechanics. It ultimately depends on your personal interests and the specific requirements of your coursework.

2. How do I choose the right topic for my physics coursework?

When choosing a topic for your physics coursework, it's important to consider your interests, the resources available to you, and the scope and requirements of your assignment. You may also want to consult with your instructor or peers for suggestions and feedback.

3. Can I choose a topic that hasn't been covered in class?

Yes, you can certainly choose a topic that hasn't been covered in class as long as it falls within the realm of physics and aligns with the goals of your coursework. However, make sure to do thorough research and seek guidance from your instructor if needed.

4. Is it better to choose a broad or specific topic for my physics coursework?

This depends on your personal preferences and the requirements of your coursework. A broad topic may allow for a wider range of research and analysis, while a specific topic may require more in-depth understanding and analysis. Consider your strengths and interests when making this decision.

5. How can I make my physics coursework topic more engaging?

To make your physics coursework topic more engaging, consider incorporating real-world applications and examples, conducting experiments or simulations, and using multimedia elements such as videos or interactive graphics. You can also choose a topic that is relevant to current events or societal issues.