Which university out of RMIT and La Trobe is best ?

• Schools
  • Thread starter #neutrino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's search for a double degree in applied science and nanotechnology in Melbourne, Australia. The suggested universities for this degree are Melbourne Uni and Monash, with a focus on materials. The conversation also mentions the speaker's interest in the medical field related to nanotechnology.
#neutrino
I'm looking for a double degree in applied science and nanotechnology and have no clue about universities in melbourne australia

Physics news on Phys.org
For a science degree, I'd be going to Melbourne Uni (they have a big nanotech facility), followed by Monash, if you have to be in Melbourne. They may not have specific named degrees, but a generic BSc with a materials focus will be fine. It really depends on what you want to do with your degree.

I am Interested the medical field . so any advice

#neutrino said:
I am Interested the medical field . so any advice
As in, becoming a medical doctor?

Nope interested in the medical field related to nanotechnology

1. Which university offers better facilities and resources?

Both RMIT and La Trobe have excellent facilities and resources for students. However, RMIT has a larger and more modern campus with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. La Trobe also has good facilities, but they may not be as advanced as RMIT's.

2. Which university has a better reputation?

RMIT and La Trobe are both highly reputable universities, so it ultimately depends on the field of study and personal preferences. RMIT is known for its strong focus on practical, hands-on learning and industry connections, while La Trobe is renowned for its research and innovation.

3. Which university has a better location?

RMIT's main campus is located in the heart of Melbourne's bustling CBD, providing easy access to public transport, shopping, and cultural attractions. On the other hand, La Trobe has multiple campuses spread across Victoria, offering a more peaceful and suburban environment for students.

4. Which university has a better student life?

Both RMIT and La Trobe have vibrant student communities with a variety of clubs, societies, and events. RMIT's city location gives students access to a diverse range of activities, while La Trobe's smaller campuses offer a tight-knit community feel. It ultimately depends on the individual's preferences.

5. Which university offers better job prospects?

Both RMIT and La Trobe have strong industry connections, and graduates from both universities are highly sought after by employers. RMIT's focus on practical experience and La Trobe's research-driven approach can provide students with valuable skills and experience for their future careers.