Who are the worlds leading climatologists?

• Thread starter Nusc
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around finding information on the world's leading climatologists. The only acceptable responses are links to biographies and credentials, with no comments on beliefs or links to commentary. Gokul suggests using the wiki list of climate scientists, and the request for links to the best climate change interviews on YouTube is met with difficulty due to the amount of biased information available.
Nusc

Earth sciences news on Phys.org

Nusc said:
I'll allow this thread as long as only links to biographies are posted. No comments on beliefs, no links to commentary. Only credentials.

Gokul suggested the wiki list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_climate_scientists

Last edited:

Also, do you have links to the best climate change interviews on youtube?

There's so much crap, I don't have the time to decipher through it all.

Nusc said:
Also, do you have links to the best climate change interviews on youtube?

There's so much crap, I don't have the time to decipher through it all.
Sorry, climate change is a closed topic here for now. I can't think of a single non-biased site.

Last edited:

I cannot definitively say who the world's leading climatologists are, as the field of climatology is constantly evolving and there are many experts in the field who contribute to our understanding of climate change. However, some well-known and highly respected climatologists include Dr. James Hansen, Dr. Michael Mann, and Dr. Katharine Hayhoe. These individuals have made significant contributions to the study of climate change and are often sought after for their expertise in the field. Additionally, there are numerous other climatologists from various institutions and organizations around the world who are also making valuable contributions to our understanding of climate change. It is important to recognize and support all of these experts as we work towards addressing the pressing issue of climate change.

1. Who are considered the world's leading climatologists?

The world's leading climatologists are experts in the field of climate science and have made significant contributions to our understanding of climate change and its impacts. Some well-known names in this field include Dr. James Hansen, Dr. Katharine Hayhoe, Dr. Michael Mann, Dr. Gavin Schmidt, and Dr. Jennifer Francis.

2. What qualifications do these leading climatologists possess?

These climatologists typically have advanced degrees in fields such as atmospheric science, meteorology, or environmental science. They also have extensive research experience and have published numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals.

3. How do these leading climatologists contribute to our understanding of climate change?

These experts use a variety of methods and tools, such as climate models and satellite data, to study past and current climate patterns and make predictions about future changes. They also conduct field experiments and analyze data to better understand the impacts of climate change on our planet.

4. What role do these leading climatologists play in shaping policies and actions related to climate change?

As highly respected experts in their field, these climatologists often serve as advisors to governments and organizations around the world. They provide valuable insights and recommendations on how to address and mitigate the effects of climate change.

5. How can I stay informed about the latest research and findings from these leading climatologists?

You can follow these climatologists on social media, read their publications and interviews, and attend conferences and lectures where they may be speaking. It is also important to stay informed through reputable sources and to critically evaluate any information related to climate change.