Who should be president? Palin or Fey?

• News
  • Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary: She is an awful human being and would do terrible things as President.In summary, Sarah Palin would be a better choice for the Presidency of the United States than Tina Fey.

Who gets your vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
turbo
Gold Member
In a heads-up match for the Presidency of the US, who would you vote for? Sarah Palin or Tina Fey? Please consider how well you you think the candidates are informed of domestic and international issues, and whether the candidates would be capable of acting in the best interests of the citizenry of the US.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sara Palin is far more qualified than Tina Fey, but Palin is too outspoken on some issues. Tina Fey leans way too far to the left for the American masses to accept, and she's not had the training to be a politician. She's a comedian, period. She can't answer routine interview questions without being off-the wall, dismissive, or flippant. She's definitely not, and never will be presidential material.

This morning I read an article in the newspaper about the growing centrist movement needing a candidate for the 2012 Presidential election, and I for one am ready to endorse and support anyone who can lead our country with a "whatever works best" approach rather than the ages-old, largely ineffectual partisan approaches.

mugaliens said:
Sara Palin is far more qualified than Tina Fey, but Palin is too outspoken on some issues. Tina Fey leans way too far to the left for the American masses to accept, and she's not had the training to be a politician. She's a comedian, period. She can't answer routine interview questions without being off-the wall, dismissive, or flippant. She's definitely not, and never will be presidential material.
Hmmm, a slight correction.

Palin leans way too far the the right for the American masses to accept, and she's not had the training to be a politician. She's a comedian, period. She can't answer routine interview questions without being off-the wall, dismissive, or flippant. She's definitely not, and never will be presidential material. :tongue2:

Since Fey was pretty much lost to the annals of history, till Sarah came along, then had her popularity rise by riding Sarahs coat tails, I would have to vote for Sarah if it was a race between only those two, but I wouldn't vote for either as long as there were any other candidates.

Imo, Sarah showed she had very little character when she allowed Mccains team to try and mold her into their idea of an ideal candidate, a move that backfired badly.

and Fey, has never shown any character, except for playing different characters on TV.

I believe in making decisions based on evidence and facts rather than personal opinions or biases. In this case, I would look at the candidates' track record and qualifications to determine who would be better suited for the role of President.

Based on their past experiences and public statements, it is clear that Tina Fey has a strong understanding of domestic and international issues. She has a background in political science and has been vocal about important issues such as women's rights and immigration. She has also shown her knowledge and understanding of current events through her work on Saturday Night Live and her own television show.

On the other hand, Sarah Palin's background and qualifications for the role of President are questionable. While she has held political positions in the past, her lack of knowledge and understanding of domestic and international issues has been evident. She has also made controversial and uninformed statements in the past, which raises concerns about her ability to act in the best interests of the US citizenry.

In a heads-up match for the Presidency, I would vote for Tina Fey based on her qualifications, experience, and demonstrated understanding of important issues. It is important for a President to be well-informed and capable of making decisions that benefit the country as a whole, and I believe Tina Fey would be better equipped to do so than Sarah Palin.

1. Who is Sarah Palin and Tina Fey?

Sarah Palin is a former governor of Alaska and was the Republican nominee for Vice President in the 2008 presidential election. Tina Fey is an American actress, comedian, and writer known for her impersonation of Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live.

2. What are the qualifications to be president?

To be eligible for the office of President of the United States, a person must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, at least 35 years old, and a resident of the United States for at least 14 years.

3. How do their political views differ?

Sarah Palin is a conservative Republican, while Tina Fey is known for her liberal views. They have differing opinions on issues such as healthcare, immigration, and gun control.

4. What experience do they have in politics?

Sarah Palin has served as a mayor, governor, and vice presidential candidate. Tina Fey, on the other hand, has no political experience and has primarily used her platform as a comedian to voice her opinions on political issues.

5. Can a popular culture figure like Tina Fey run for president?

Yes, technically anyone who meets the qualifications can run for president. However, it is highly unlikely for a popular culture figure with no prior political experience to win a presidential election. Running for president requires a significant amount of knowledge and experience in politics.