Who was the first person hanged in Massachusetts and why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 7K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
Here is an odd bit of history.

Can anyone name the first person hanged in Massachusetts, and why? You'll wish you still couldn't after reading this.
[Here]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for sharing...:rolleyes: Have you already started on the Nyquil and Near Beer?
 
A turkey? A Turkey? A TURKEY?
Suddenely I'm all in favor of seeing the laws put back into the books.
 
hypatia said:
A turkey? A Turkey? A TURKEY?
Suddenely I'm all in favor of seeing the laws put back into the books.

Yeah, I was trying to figure that one out too, but then I thought I might sound like I've been in WV too long if the rest of the list didn't surprise me as much as a turkey did. :redface:
 
Moonbear said:
Thanks for sharing...:rolleyes: Have you already started on the Nyquil and Near Beer?


:smile: :smile: :smile: I couldn't drink that much NyQuil! No, I happened to catch it on The History Channel.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Gobble gobble...

Dangit, there are so many jokes that come to mind, and none of them suitable for general audiences. :-p
 
Thomas Granger (1625? – September 8, 1642) was a servant to Love Brewster, of Duxbury, in the Plymouth Colony of British North America. Granger, at the age of 16 or 17, was in 1642 caught in the act of bestiality with a mare, a cow, two goats, five sheep, two calves and a turkey, and was likewise indicted.
All at the same time!?
 
Math Is Hard said:
All at the same time!?

:bugeye: As twisted as my mind can be, I cannot envision any way that you could catch someone in the act with ALL those at once. Maybe some of them are just voyeurs?
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Ménagery à trois

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/Disappointed_anim.gif
Groan![/size]​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan's really outdoing himself lately!

It's crazy that there's (even today) special laws against bestiality (zoosexuality)! Why isn't the only question one of animal abuse? Oh, nevermind...don't tell me.
 
Those laws are there to protect people from themselves.

Didn't you ever hear about the story of the guy who got (literally) screwed to death by a Horse?
 
Dangit, there are so many jokes that come to mind, and none of them suitable for general audiences.

His last meal was stuffed turkey.
 
While bird-fixation may seem a fairly unique obsession, Marquis de Sade seems to have been a fan of it, if we are to judge by "120 days in Sodom".