Who's ready for some serious (or not so serious) fun and games?

• Thread starter honestrosewater
  • Start date
In summary: If you think the pictures are questionable, I think you should submit them to a PF Admin immediately to...uh...consider their appropriateness.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
I've missed you. :smile: I've been checking in on you guys but somehow too busy to say hello and keep up... or something rather lame like that.

Does anyone remember me, or am I going to have to demonstrate my super-amazingness all over again? :buggrin: I don't mind. I have diagrams.

Physics news on Phys.org
Who? What? Where?

Welcome back. I hear you have sexy ears.

- Warren

Where have you guys been?
Is that a rhetorical question? :biggrin:

So, hrw - where've ya' been. :-p

I like your new icon!

{{{{HRW}}}} You have been missed!

It must be the seasonal migration of missing PFers. Tribdog just popped in.

We're missing pengwuino.

Artman is probably off celebrating his 25th anniversary, which was yesterday. The nerve of that guy.

Congrats Artman! :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
It must be the seasonal migration of missing PFers.
:smile:

Tribdog just popped in.
Really? There was a tribdog sighting?

We're missing pengwuino.
He and dduardo disappeared together. I still suspect it has something to do with penguin mating season. :-p

Artman is probably off celebrating his 25th anniversary, which was yesterday. The nerve of that guy.

Ooh, a big milestone! Here's hoping for at least another 25 more! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
He and dduardo disappeared together. I still suspect it has something to do with penguin mating season. :-p

Ahahahahhaha Well, it is springtime:!)

Yay. Thanks, guys. I think I have to plead the Fifth on my whereabouts. I might have been trying to convince a couple of boys that I am the greatest thing in the world and failing miserably. I can't remember just now.

Actually, I guess I was mainly learning a bit about computers and programming. And I did help a friend make a website that I think is pretty cool. It mostly builds itself. I have one background image left to make still, but when it's all up and shiny, I'll ask him if he minds sharing.

Oh, and it's true, my ears are totally hot. <wink-wink/>

honestrosewater said:
Oh, and it's true, my ears are totally hot. <wink-wink/>

I have a whole box of q-tips at home with your name on it. Just say when.

- Warren

chroot said:
I have a whole box of q-tips at home with your name on it. Just say when.

- Warren
Maybe if Zz has an ear-themed photo contest, I can show you my stuff. Or have I already missed my big chance?

Welcome back HRW! I've been wondering where you've been.

Welcome back honestrosewater :smile:

Last edited:
And the most immature post on the forum award goes to...:rolleyes: (Ahh ignore this...the post i was referring to was deleted...thank god)

Last edited:
honestrosewater said:
am I going to have to demonstrate my super-amazingness all over again? :buggrin: I don't mind. I have diagrams.

Welcome back. I noticed your absence, but just figured that you were busy with exams or something. Demonstrations of your super-amazingness are always welcome. I'm pretty sure that I have all of the diagrams, but some updated photos would only enhance the situation. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:

You have a tremendous memory! Thanks Astronuc. Seems you are having an anniversary soon as well? Congrats to you as well! :biggrin:

Artman said:
You have a tremendous memory! Thanks Astronuc. Seems you are having an anniversary soon as well? Congrats to you as well! :biggrin:
Yeah - you've been married (officially that is) 14 days longer than me, but I am 6 days older. :biggrin:

Danger said:
Welcome back. I noticed your absence, but just figured that you were busy with exams or something. Demonstrations of your super-amazingness are always welcome. I'm pretty sure that I have all of the diagrams, but some updated photos would only enhance the situation. :biggrin:
Yeah, it probably should have been school.

I was actually thinking that it was about time I showed my face around here, but most of the pictures of me that I like are perhaps a little questionable for a family-friendly site. I don't think they're bad at all, but some people seem to think so. Of course, I imagine some people would interpret a picture of Mother Teresa feeding a deer to be sexually provocative, but anyway. I might have to take some new ones.Happy Anniversary, Artman!

Last edited:
honestrosewater said:
Of course, I imagine some people would interpret a picture of Mother Teresa feeding a deer to be sexually provocative, but anyway. I might have to take some new ones.

:rolleyes: You wouldn't happen to have a shot like that, would you? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

honestrosewater said:
Happy Anniversary, Artman!

Thanks HRW!

honestrosewater said:
I was actually thinking that it was about time I showed my face around here, but most of the pictures of me that I like are perhaps a little questionable for a family-friendly site.

This fascinates me. If you think the pictures are questionable, I think you should submit them to a PF Admin immediately to have them considered. :biggrin:

- Warren

honestrosewater said:
Does anyone remember me, or am I going to have to demonstrate my super-amazingness all over again? :buggrin: I don't mind. I have diagrams.

I remember your avatar. :smile:

chroot said:
This fascinates me. If you think the pictures are questionable, I think you should submit them to a PF Admin immediately to have them considered. :biggrin:

- Warren

I'll volunteer to join a totally unbiased panel of judges. :-p

You really should post a photo. You're about the only long-time member that hasn't, and you don't look half bad.

Anyway, I didn't really notice you were gone, because I haven't been around much, either. My excuse actually is school.

I think a bunch of people are coming back to PF for the summer.

P.S. I havn't posted a photo, am I long-term member?

Smurf said:

Only 2781 posts? You're still a newbie (as am I!):biggrin:

Smurf said:

Yeah, I suppose you're right. You did a post a link to your MySpace profile once, though, and that had pictures of you on it.

The pictures that I was talking about are like the ones on http://www.okcupid.com/profile?u=NoseRoseToes" . Heh, it looks quite odd now that I look at it from... this site. It's not a terribly serious depiction of me. I keep having to add more to try to scare away some of the nice innocents who I fear are not prepared for my weirdness.

I was very sad in some of them. I think that's why I like them.

Those pictures aren't even so great, and they're from a while ago, January, I think. I took them before I read the manual, so I didn't know how to adjust everything, and they were all not focused so well and quite overexposed, so I had to play with their histograms a lot. Anyway, yeah, I don't like taking pictures of myself. :blushing: I don't like it a lot. Well, I like it in that I can be creative and expressive with it, but, yeah, I don't really like showing them to people. It's weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
honestrosewater said:
The pictures that I was talking about are like the ones on http://www.okcupid.com/profile?u=NoseRoseToes" .
Very nice pictures, hrw. You are quite attractive, very beautiful I might say, and have a very interesting mind. :approve: :cool:

honestrosewater said:
Those pictures aren't even so great, and they're from a while ago, January, I think.

I'm sure you've changed tremendously in the four months since then. You're an 82% match for me.

Oh yeah, Prufrock is my favorite poem.

Last edited:
radou said:
I remember your avatar. :smile:
I cropped it from http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/database/image.asp?id=13831" by Gerard Dou. He is one of my favorites. I love the light of the Dutch Masters. I've thought about changing it since some people think that it's me, but I really like it. Perhaps I could compromise and make a picture of myself that looks the same.

Astronuc said:
Very nice pictures, hrw. You are quite attractive, very beautiful I might say, and have a very interesting mind.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm nuts. It's okay, you can say it. :biggrin:

loseyourname said:
I'm sure you've changed tremendously in the four months since then.
I cut my hair much shorter.

You're an 82% match for me.
That doesn't surprise me at all; I already know their matching algorithm doesn't work. Who are you there?

Oh yeah, Prufrock is my favorite poem.
Prufrock is my favorite poem now too. You are the one who introduced me to it. I have also grown quite fond of Sad-eyed Lady of the Lowlands.

hrw said:
Yeah, I'm nuts. It's okay, you can say it.
I didn't say that. I don't think you're nuts. And I would agree with Danger on the super-amazingness. :smile:

Astronuc said:
I didn't say that. I don't think you're nuts. And I would agree with Danger on the super-amazingness. :smile:
Yeah, I was just teasing. I'm still trying to figure out what having sexy ears is secret code for.

honestrosewater said:
Yeah, I was just teasing. I'm still trying to figure out what having sexy ears is secret code for.
Sexy ears?! I can think of a dark-haired elf in LOTR that was pretty sweet. She said in later interviews that she always wanted to have pointy ears, and I think that she is gorgeous with them.

Last edited:
honestrosewater said:

What are you hoping it means? :devil:

- Warren