Teachme Messages 72 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Dec 12, 2011 #1 I posted the picture of this question I am just wondering. Why does arctan(n) as n → ∞ go to ∏/2? How would you show that part more in depth? Also what would arccos(n) and arcsin(n) go to as n goes to infinite? Attachments Capture.JPG 12.9 KB · Views: 8,020
I posted the picture of this question I am just wondering. Why does arctan(n) as n → ∞ go to ∏/2? How would you show that part more in depth? Also what would arccos(n) and arcsin(n) go to as n goes to infinite?
Dick Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 26,254 Reaction score 623 Dec 12, 2011 #2 Teachme said: I posted the picture of this question I am just wondering. Why does arctan(n) as n → ∞ go to ∏/2? How would you show that part more in depth? y=arctan(n) then tan(y)=n. Sketch a graph of tan(y) for y between -pi/2 and pi/2. What value must y approach so tan(y) approaches infinity?
Teachme said: I posted the picture of this question I am just wondering. Why does arctan(n) as n → ∞ go to ∏/2? How would you show that part more in depth? y=arctan(n) then tan(y)=n. Sketch a graph of tan(y) for y between -pi/2 and pi/2. What value must y approach so tan(y) approaches infinity?