Why are KμKμ and KνKν terms absent from equation 3.11?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fredrik
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Second order Terms
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
10,876
Reaction score
423
Top of page 69. I get six second order terms. Two of them cancel. Two are the ones on the right of 3.11. The other two involve KμKμ and KνKν. Why are there no such terms on the right of 3.11? I'm probably just missing something painfully obvious.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Actually, there are more than 6 second-order terms. In order to see all of them, write each exponent as

[tex]e^{i \epsilon K_{\mu}} = 1 + i \epsilon K_{\mu} -1/2 \epsilon^2 K_{\mu}^2 + \ldots[/tex]
 
Thank you. At least I was right about something: I did miss something painfully obvious. :redface: