Why are the stock prices of computer companies decreasing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fredreload
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Computer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 2K views
fredreload
Messages
250
Reaction score
6
I checked the stock price for a few electrical companies and the stock price seems to be going down, what is the cause of that? Since I live oversea I'd like to know
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Stocks go up and stocks go down. My dad's a stock broker. I have a friend who owns a realty agency in Seattle. He told me the other day he lost $60,000 out of his retirement fund last week because of the dip in the market. But he'll probably get it back next week because that's how the markets go. If we were prescient in judging the vicissitudes of the market, we'd all be rich. But it's a chaotic system, not easy to pin down. Watch the movie Pi.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters
Do you mean just recently? My guess is that kids are going back to school after the end of winter break, and if their parents are going to work then that means houses that are empty and not using electricity for a big chunk of the day so the companies aren't selling as much energy. Like DiracPopol said, there's always going to be some little thing subtly driving prices up or down and it's usually impossible to know for sure why the markets did what they did at any particular time.
 
Your thread title asks about computer companies and your post asks about electrical companies. Do you have some reason for thinking these are the same thing?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
My mistake, electrical company make computer parts, from what I've seen they've been declining for over a year
I'm concerned with companies that make supercomputers
 
fredreload said:
My mistake, electrical company make computer parts, from what I've seen they've been declining for over a year
I'm concerned with companies that make supercomputers
What electrical companies make computers? I do not know of any.
 
Forgive my English, company for processors, RAM, and CPU
 
Evo said:
What electrical companies make computers? I do not know of any.
Perhaps this is unique to your country, in which case you would have to be specific and name the companies and countries. This is an American based forum, and this is not the case in America.
 
fredreload said:
Companies like Intel or IBM

I'm waiting for like the next generation of supercomputer to come out you see
Ok, neither of those companies are electric companies and neither make personal computers. IBM sold off their personal computer business to Lenovo years ago. Intel makes processors, not computers.

Not sure why you are concerned with supercomputers.
 
Can I change my thread question to the current advancement in supercomputer and things they are trying out to make their processor faster for IBM and Intel?
 
fredreload said:
Can I change my thread question to the current advancement in supercomputer and things they are trying out to make their processor faster for IBM and Intel?
Better to just abandon this thread and start a new one. This one is going nowhere.

I'm sure your English is MUCH better than my <fill in your native language> :smile: so don't let that bother you.
 
phinds said:
Better to just abandon this thread and start a new one. This one is going nowhere.

I'm sure your English is MUCH better than my <fill in your native language> :smile: so don't let that bother you.
Agreed.