Why can non-periodic functions be expressed as a Fourier integral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nnvkct
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fourier Integral
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
nnvkct
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4240/hinhcc9.jpg

I'm studying on Fourier Transform. And the only thing I don't understand about it still now is the problem about Fourier Integral with non-periodic function. Why we can write it in the form above ? Please help me.:cry: I appreaciate any help.

Best regard.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You don't have to figure that out by yourself. :smile: That stuff is a theorem that isn't easy to prove, but if you're interested you can find the proof in any textbook on Fourier analysis.
 
First, what definition of Fourier Integral are you using? Once you have answered that we may be able to help you see how to change it to the form you want.