Why did my phone battery get weak if I kept it above 80% charge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter karthik3k
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cell Mistake
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
karthik3k
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
I bought a new cell.
I never let the power go below 80%.
Now the cell(power) has become weak.
It can't even withstand for 5mins with full power.
What was the mistake i made ?
Did i overcharge my cell ?
I don't understand the chemistry behind that!
Can anybody explain ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
you proably have a NiMH battery. it's called memory effect
http://www.digibattery.co.uk/ni-mh_store1.html
http://www.dvanhorn.org/NIMH/Index.php

don't do that again. always let the battery empty itself before recharging
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanx,
you have given me a lot of information

regards
Karthik3k :smile: