Why Did You Choose Physics: Meeting Scientists at Physics Forums

• Thread starter Aeronautician
  • Start date
In summary, the author of the article discusses their experience of meeting scientists on Physics Forums and how it solidified their decision to pursue physics. They highlight the collaborative and supportive community on the forum, as well as the diverse range of topics and discussions that further sparked their interest in the field. Through their interactions with scientists, the author gained valuable insights and perspectives on the practical applications and impact of physics, ultimately leading to their decision to pursue a career in the field.
Aeronautician
Hello, everyone at Physics Forums! This is Aeronautician checking in. Thank you for the honor of entry into this place of science. My science is chemistry but took a bit of a fancy to physics over the years. Just curious, any chemists on here by any chance? Non-physics scientists? Why did all of you choose physics? Or perhaps, why did physics choose you? Look forward to meeting all of you guys. Thanks for the opportunity.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Aeronautician said:
Just curious, any chemists on here by any chance? Non-physics scientists?

We have people from many areas of science and non-science. I myself am an ex-military member turned engineering student.

Aeronautician said:
any chemists on here by any chance?
We do indeed have a Chemistry section, and a Material Science section, and part of the Homework Help forums is dedicated to Chemistry.

Welcome to the PF :smile: