1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why do I always feel so on the other side?

1. Aug 12, 2012 #1
    I've been an on and off physics major 7 years, (I took 7 sophmore/freshman level physics classes) and studied alot from my engineering physics texts. However, everything I come across has something new and inventive, or a different procedure of calculus being involved. Different proofs, theorems, etc. Will this all eventually mix together, or should I just accept that there is just too much to know out there?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2012 #2
    There's two parts.

Yes, there is too much to know everything, but also, yes, things will mesh together with more and more clarity as time progresses. You can't expect to know every possible derivation to every possible theorem. And just because you see a new derivation to something you have seen before does not mean you have learned new physics necessarily.

4. Aug 12, 2012 #3
    All you have to do is to know the important and basic theorems and proofs and everything else will be derivable. Unfortunately there is a lot of that type.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook