Why do other members' LaTeX equations appear in my blog posts?

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter nrqed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Latex
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Messages
3,762
Reaction score
297
I apologize if this has been answered already or if it does not belong here, but I have a question about LaTeX in blogs.

At some point, someone (prevect? or Robphy? I am not sure) posted a blog entry saying that LaTeX now worked and a couple of equations were shown.
Now I posted an entry and tried a few formula, but what comes out when the entry is viewed is actually exactly the same equations that I had seen on the post by Prevect or Robphy! Not only that, but these look like equations that I myself have used in some post in the past (and they are not common equations, they are from differential geometry. Since Prevect and Robphy know GR, I was not surprised to see these equations in their blogs, but now I am a bit confused).

I am starting to wonder if the equations I see in th eblog entries are not being generated by my own computer somehow.

Anyway, can someone let me know what the situation is with posting LaTeX stuff on the blogs?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You could use my extension & link to the images instead...