: Why do you feel hot after you work out?

• Thread starter afgsabrina07
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot Work
In summary, during aerobic exercise, the body consumes oxygen to break down glucose and create energy. However, during anaerobic exercise, the body uses other chemicals to produce energy since there is not enough oxygen available. This results in the production of lactic acid, which causes the burning sensation in muscles. This process is similar to the exothermic reaction of oxidizing glucose to water and CO2, similar to a car engine requiring cooling.
afgsabrina07
URGENT: Why do you feel hot after you work out?

Why do you feel hot after you work out? Explain using concepts of cellular respiration.?

Physics news on Phys.org

We don't spoon-feed.

Explain your thoughts. We'll help.

^ yup that is reasonable...!

When I was doing aerobic exercise I was making my body consume oxygen to create energy and oxygen is required to break down glucose which the basically the fuel to create energy. While I was doing anaerobic respiration my body was using other chemicals to get energy from since the body’s energy demand was high during anaerobic energy and there was not enough oxygen to fulfill it that is the reason why it is called anaerobic meaning “without oxygen”. I could tell when my muscles went into anaerobic when the intensity got high and I felt burning sensation and then I could tell it was the production was lactic acid in order to break down glucose to get energy.

this is all I got but I don't know what they mean in terms or cellular respiration :\

Big hint: oxidizing glucose to water and CO2 is an exothermic reaction. I'd look up that term and think about how it relates to the question

Small hint: it doesn't differ much from the car engine requiring cooling, same type situation, even if different chemistry and type of engine.

1. Why do I feel hot after working out?

When you exercise, your body produces heat as a result of increased muscle activity and energy production. This heat is then released through your skin in the form of sweat. The more intense your workout, the more heat your body produces, leading to the sensation of feeling hot.

2. Is feeling hot after a workout a sign of dehydration?

Feeling hot after a workout does not necessarily mean you are dehydrated. Sweating is your body's natural way of cooling down, and it is normal to feel hot and sweaty during and after a workout. However, it is important to drink enough water before, during, and after exercise to replace the fluids lost through sweating.

3. Can certain types of exercises make you feel hotter than others?

Yes, certain types of exercises, such as high-intensity interval training and weightlifting, can make you feel hotter than others. These types of exercises require more energy and muscle activity, leading to an increase in body heat production. Additionally, exercising in hot and humid environments can also make you feel hotter due to decreased sweat evaporation.

4. Why do I continue to feel hot even after I stop working out?

After you stop exercising, your body's metabolic rate remains elevated, which means your body is still producing heat. Additionally, your body is still working to cool down and regulate your body temperature, which can lead to feeling hot for a period of time after your workout.

5. Is it normal to feel cold after feeling hot during a workout?

Yes, it is normal to feel cold after feeling hot during a workout. This is because your body's core temperature may drop slightly after exercise as it works to return to its normal state. This feeling of coldness is temporary and should subside as your body temperature returns to normal.