1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

: Why do you feel hot after you work out?

1. Sep 18, 2008 #1
    URGENT: Why do you feel hot after you work out?

Why do you feel hot after you work out? Explain using concepts of cellular respiration.?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2008 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Re: URGENT: Why do you feel hot after you work out?

We don't spoon-feed.

Explain your thoughts. We'll help.

4. Sep 18, 2008 #3

^ yup that is reasonable...!

When I was doing aerobic exercise I was making my body consume oxygen to create energy and oxygen is required to break down glucose which the basically the fuel to create energy. While I was doing anaerobic respiration my body was using other chemicals to get energy from since the body’s energy demand was high during anaerobic energy and there was not enough oxygen to fulfill it that is the reason why it is called anaerobic meaning “without oxygen”. I could tell when my muscles went into anaerobic when the intensity got high and I felt burning sensation and then I could tell it was the production was lactic acid in order to break down glucose to get energy.

this is all I got but I don't know what they mean in terms or cellular respiration :\

5. Sep 18, 2008 #4

Big hint: oxidizing glucose to water and CO2 is an exothermic reaction. I'd look up that term and think about how it relates to the question

6. Sep 19, 2008 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Small hint: it doesn't differ much from the car engine requiring cooling, same type situation, even if different chemistry and type of engine.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?