Hey, I walk (not run!) long distances; well, depends on how do define "long", but anyway this means around 10-11 miles for me (not running! just
walking). I experience no pain/discomfort whatsoever (except when my socks get all sweaty, it feels wet), and I like long walks (what do flat feet have to with it?)
*One more thing: I read
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Flat+feet and it seems to me that to
actually have "flat feet", the foot arch must
actually "collapse and come in contact with the ground"! Hmm...this never happens to me--but now that I measured it (barefoot), the arch of the foot stays about 1 mm to 2mm above ground. But I have no discomfort!
*I measured like this: the outermost side of the arch (closest to my other foot) stays about a centimeter above the ground. The actual inside area/territory of my sole stays 1-2mm above ground, but strangely I never feel it touch! So I'm maybe almost flat-footed, but not completely as by the medical definition. But still, I walk 10-11 mi w/o discomfort/pain (except from sweaty socks) and sprint with ease (outrun anybody! almost...)
*Ooh--by the way: this may explain!: http://www.drmirkin.com/fitness/9883.html
