1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why hasnt anyone viewed my question.

1. Jan 20, 2008 #1
    I did all the things on the FAQ and yet still noone has viewed my question about the wave equation. Why is this?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2008 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Maybe because you posted it half an hour ago. You need to be more patient, since no-one is paid to help you with your homework here: those that do are generously giving up their free time to help out students.

4. Jan 20, 2008 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't think the viewing stat updates in real time so people probably have viewed it.

5. Jan 20, 2008 #4

turbo

Gold Member

All help here is voluntary, and there are some pretty important (US) football playoff games tonight. Perhaps people haven't seen your question yet. If you have a question (especially a complex one) post it as early as you can, so that you will have time to ask follow-ups and clarify. If you are a student or researcher with some time constraints, this is especially important.

If you see a request for help on a Sunday night (especially with "urgent", "asap" etc in the title line) it does not motivate helpers to educate students who have put off their homework until the last moment. I'm not saying that this is your situation, but it is a very common occurrence here, and the pattern is discouraging.

6. Jan 20, 2008 #5
    I understand that people are only helping voluntarily. It is just a bit frustrating watching new topics popping up at the top which get replies very quickly and then watching my topic move further and further down the page.

7. Jan 20, 2008 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Be honest with yourself, if you can. When did you know that you needed help, and when did you ask for help, and when did you know that your responses might be time-sensitive? There are lots of VERY helpful people here, but please understand that they have lives, and they don't need to jump into action if you have procrastinated.

8. Jan 20, 2008 #7
    People respond to posts they feel like giving their time to.

I don't think you really understand the meaning of "helping voluntarily."

9. Jan 20, 2008 #8
    Sorry, I looked over your question but I didn't know how to help or even how to answer it myself, and I'd be willing to bet that others who have viewed your problem are in the same boat as me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?