Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why is a set of functions v(t) dense in L^2

Tags:
  1. Dec 6, 2014 #1
    Hello,

I was going through the following paper: http://www.emis.de/journals/HOA/AAA/Volume2011/142128.pdf

In page 6, immediately after equation (3.15), its written that "functions of the form v(t) are dense in L^2". I have been looking for proofs online which verifies the above statement but unable to find one. I would appreciate if someone can direct me to a link or explain with proof of how the functions of the form v(t) are dense in L^2.

Thank you,

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2014 #2

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

Since you haven't received any replies yet, I suggest that you at least sketch a definition of the functions v(t) in a post. An expert in the topic might breeze through the paper in your link, but you may need to appeal to non-experts in the topic to get an answer.

4. Dec 10, 2014 #3

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But it seems like natural courtesy that if you want others' help that you should be the one to lay out the
    definitions for those whose help you seek.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook