Why is a set of functions v(t) dense in L^2

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter 4real4sure
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Functions Pde Set
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
4real4sure
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I was going through the following paper: http://www.emis.de/journals/HOA/AAA/Volume2011/142128.pdf

In page 6, immediately after equation (3.15), its written that "functions of the form v(t) are dense in L^2". I have been looking for proofs online which verifies the above statement but unable to find one. I would appreciate if someone can direct me to a link or explain with proof of how the functions of the form v(t) are dense in L^2.

Thank you,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Since you haven't received any replies yet, I suggest that you at least sketch a definition of the functions v(t) in a post. An expert in the topic might breeze through the paper in your link, but you may need to appeal to non-experts in the topic to get an answer.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pasmith and Fredrik
But it seems like natural courtesy that if you want others' help that you should be the one to lay out the
definitions for those whose help you seek.