Why Is Phosphor Emission Duration Crucial in TV Screen Design?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
HelloKitty_1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Why is the length of time over which a phosphor emits light an imporant factor to consider when designing a television screen?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I have gone over the last three chapters in my textbook for the answer. I even drove to the library to try to get some more understanding of it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
HelloKitty_1 said:

Homework Statement



Why is the length of time over which a phosphor emits light an imporant factor to consider when designing a television screen?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I have gone over the last three chapters in my textbook for the answer. I even drove to the library to try to get some more understanding of it.

Welcome to the PF.

Hint -- use the search term "flicker fusion frequency".