Why Is There a Double Standard in Criticizing the United States?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Standard
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 9K views
kooky sounding statement.
I disagree. Its not kooky, its absurd. :wink: Or maybe rediculous? Asinine? Hmm, where did I put that thesaurus...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Greetings,

Alias, Russ are you aware of the US conviction by the International Court? Since this is off topic I'll start a new thread, but here is the judgement- http://www.icj-cij.org/icjwww/icases/inus/inus_isummaries/inus_isummary_19860627.htm
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats nice, amp... So you are saying that American intervention in Nicaragua puts us on par with Ghengis Khan and beyond Hitler, Stalin, Mao, et al? Seriously? If there was a stronger word than "absurd," I'd use it.
 
Last edited:
Anyone who know anything about statistics knows that the data can be arranged to point at any number of conclusions. Personally, I wouldn't care if I were the only individual who opposed it.

"…in political speculations "the tyranny of the majority" is now generally included among the evils against which society requires to be on its guard. Society...practises a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression,...penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. Protection, therefore, against the tyranny of the magistrate is not enough; there needs protection also against the tyranny of the prevailing opinion and feeling; against the tendency of society to impose, by other means than civil penalties, its own ideas and practices as rules of conduct on those who dissent from them…" - John Stuart Mill
 
you might better contribute to these forums by keeping your nasty insults that grow from the seeds of your lack of self-esteem to your personal diary...
Holy overreaction, batman. Unless you object to the single quotes around the word "friends" there is absolutely nothing insulting about that post, kerrie. As my example shows, people DO tend to hang out with people that think like they do. Thats hardly surprising.