Why isn't there a Theoretical Physics section?

• Thread starter CrackerMcGinger
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the topic of personal theories and their place in the forums. While the person had many theories with evidence, they were informed that the forum rules do not allow the discussion of personal theories. The reason for this is that the forums cover both theoretical and experimental physics, and personal theories are not considered accepted theories. The suggestion was made to publish the theories in a journal, as that is the way science is typically done.
CrackerMcGinger
I have many theories, some of which I almost have enough evidence to make it something worth many peoples thought. However, I don't see a Theoretical Physics section in the forums.

Physics news on Phys.org
All our forums cover both theoretical and experimental physics.

CrackerMcGinger said:
I have many theories, some of which I almost have enough evidence to make it something worth many peoples thought.
Then publish them in a journal. That's the way science is done.
Our forum rules do not allow the discussion of personal theories here.

Likes russ_watters, Dale, Nugatory and 1 other person
mfb said:
All our forums cover both theoretical and experimental physics.

Then publish them in a journal. That's the way science is done.
Our forum rules do not allow the discussion of personal theories here.

Even if it has basis on accepted theories?

CrackerMcGinger said:
Even if it has basis on accepted theories?
If it is a theory (or an attempt of one), but not an accepted theory on its own, it is not allowed.

mfb said:
If it is a theory (or an attempt of one), but not an accepted theory on its own, it is not allowed.

Understood.

Likes Amrator and Greg Bernhardt

1. Why is there no Theoretical Physics section on this website?

The decision to include or exclude certain sections on a website is typically made by the website's administrators. It is possible that they have not yet created a Theoretical Physics section, or they may have determined that there is not enough demand for it.

2. Can I request for a Theoretical Physics section to be added?

Yes, you can reach out to the website's administrators and make a request for a Theoretical Physics section to be added. They may consider your request and make the necessary changes.

3. Is Theoretical Physics not considered a valid scientific field?

No, Theoretical Physics is a highly respected and important field of science. It involves using mathematical models and theories to explain and predict the behavior of physical systems.

4. Are there no questions or discussions related to Theoretical Physics on this website?

It is possible that there are questions and discussions related to Theoretical Physics on this website, but they may be included under a different section. You can use the search function or browse through other sections to find relevant content.

5. Will there ever be a Theoretical Physics section on this website?

The future of this website's sections is ultimately up to the administrators. However, if there is a demand for a Theoretical Physics section and enough users request for it, it is possible that it will be added in the future.