Why Use Restriction Enzymes and Gel Electrophoresis in Molecular Biology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter solijigar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dna Lab
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
solijigar
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
[SOLVED] BiOchem lab DNA electrophoresis

1) what is the the purpose of restriction endonucleases in prokaryotes? how do these organisms protect their DNA against the effects of their own restriction enzyme?


2)why is it important to use purified Dna samplesin restriction digest and gel electrophoresis? Rather then just using homogenized tissue?


3) why we use restriction enzyme and gel electophoresis in molecular biology?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried to Google this. I'm sure you can find it on Wikipedia.
 
The answers to these sorts of questions really should just be in your textbook or lecture notes. Once you've found them, if there's something you need explained further or clarified, post the answer you get and your more specific question about it, and we can then help.
 
well thanks any way I already have found the answer.I were just streesd out and weren't able to focus...