Why we need a one world government

• News
  • Thread starter Forestman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Government
In summary: So we'll need to rely on dirty sources like coal and oil to power our world.- If we put all of our eggs in one basket and rely on renewable energy, we're exposing ourselves to a lot of risk. What if a solar flare knocks out the power grid? What if the wind doesn't blow?Well, I'm certainly not joking. And it's hard to present something to support my conclusion, let's just say that it's my gut feeling.But maybe I'll try to present something rational anyways:- oil and various metals will be depleted within the next 50 years (so I've heard), and
You guys know, Einstein wanted a one world government.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Forestman said:
Citation needed.

I really don't remember, but I know that Einstein desired to see a one world government so that all war could be brought to an end.

Second of all I don't want any kind of world power, I just feel that world government is the only way to solve many of the problems currently facing the world.

Forestman said:
I really don't remember, but I know that Einstein desired to see a one world government so that all war could be brought to an end.
Please do not make statements that aren't true.

Second of all I don't want any kind of world power, I just feel that world government is the only way to solve many of the problems currently facing the world.
A world government is a pipe dream and not one that even makes sense. How do you make laws for rich, developed countries that work in third world countries?

Even though I don't believe a one world government is the answer, I feel we do need a global management system that doesn't simply rely on the goodwill leadership of powerful nations. Whenever a crisis happens, China and Russia either look the other way or get in the way of action. The EU powers and US may want to do something but can rarely agree on an effective plan of action. So much of the world will usually just sit by and helplessly watch the mayhem unfold. Based on the usefulness of the UN, I don't have much faith in a one-world government. Heck, based on the efficiency of our own US government, I don't have much faith in a traditional government anyway.

I feel it's not too much to expect that any civilization capable of nuclear power should also be able to build a better global order than our current situation. I gain hope from how the youth have embraced Internet technology to gain an upper hand over outdated governments. My theory is that when they eventually develop a stable, alternative currency to go with their adept use of innovative communication, then we'll begin to have a real chance of evolving beyond the established order of stagnant politics and economic division. Empowered youth don't seem to accept the usual "Not in my lifetime" excuses.

ginru said:
Even though I don't believe a one world government is the answer, I feel we do need a global management system that doesn't simply rely on the goodwill leadership of powerful nations. Whenever a crisis happens, China and Russia either look the other way or get in the way of action. The EU powers and US may want to do something but can rarely agree on an effective plan of action. So much of the world will usually just sit by and helplessly watch the mayhem unfold. Based on the usefulness of the UN, I don't have much faith in a one-world government. Heck, based on the efficiency of our own US government, I don't have much faith in a traditional government anyway.

I feel it's not too much to expect that any civilization capable of nuclear power should also be able to build a better global order than our current situation. I gain hope from how the youth have embraced Internet technology to gain an upper hand over outdated governments. My theory is that when they eventually develop a stable, alternative currency to go with their adept use of innovative communication, then we'll begin to have a real chance of evolving beyond the established order of stagnant politics and economic division. Empowered youth don't seem to accept the usual "Not in my lifetime" excuses.

I hope you are right. I mean, we need a good reason for our youth to put down their console gamepads. This might be it!

we need a world govt like we need a hole in the head. govts are no longer satisfied with owning a country, now they want to own the world. don't buy into this scare tactic.

govts do only one thing well - look after themselves. the bigger they are, the more they can steal. not only are we revolting here in the states, but other countries as well.

Forestman said:

Hey, did you know that Freud did a TON of cocaine?

You've never heard the word, "fallacy" in your life, have you?

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/einstein/global/world.php

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the article, if true, supports what was said about einstein.

it only goes to show that a good physicist does not mean one understands the human equation, and what govts are really all about.

Physics-Learner said:

it only goes to show that a good physicist does not mean one understands the human equation, and what govts are really all about.

Nor was he able to accept QM, yet here we are, reaping the benefits of it.

pretty soon we will be needing a world govt to kill the aliens that are about to attack !

what is of greatest concern to me is still the countless numbers of people who don't realize that govt is not their friend. all that govt for the people, by the people stuff. geez, they are almost as good as another entity i had close ties with, regarding brainwashing the masses.

i like the song by dylan when he says something like, "if the arrow is sharp, it can pierce thru dust no matter how thick" (something to that effect).

I can imagine Einstein would say such things. He was definitely a pacifist who had lived through a time in man's history that showed how much destruction nations could rain down upon one another. Post WW2 was probably the best time for the ideas of single government rule.

But like I've always said, it's not healthy to gather opinions from people on subjects outside their area of expertise. He really probably had a very average understanding of global politics.

Pengwuino said:
I can imagine Einstein would say such things. He was definitely a pacifist who had lived through a time in man's history that showed how much destruction nations could rain down upon one another. Post WW2 was probably the best time for the ideas of single government rule.

But like I've always said, it's not healthy to gather opinions from people on subjects outside their area of expertise. He really probably had a very average understanding of global politics.

He was also a self described, "Einspanner", yet he didn't live that way. This is also an appeal to authority in the worst way, but yeah... your analysis seems sound. I think most intelligent people don't want violence, but for a pacifist he took one hell of a stand re WWII.

Oh my god I can't believe this thread!

You want a one world government? Well let's see what you get with that order:

1) A one world government
2) A one world financial system
3) A one world central bank
4) A one world legal system

So why is this a bad thing? Let's go over just a few reasons.

There is a saying that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Any instance of centralizing anything is bound to cause problems. The things that are decentralized offer choice and competition, of which are one of the two greatest things that developed countries have access to in one form or another.

Having the opinion that centralizing things such as government and the money supply is laughable especially on the world level. Wealth generation in your so called paradise will also become centralized due to the fact that the financial system will be completely centralized and give rise to even more horror than currently exists.

Now a lot of people in western countries like to say that countries in the middle east are bad, and that its full of loonies and suicide bombers. But there is one thing that most people don't realize: in some of these countries, it is illegal to charge interest on loans: (its called usury). From this very simple law, people do not become debt slaves to financial institutions and have the ability to create genuine personal wealth for themselves.

Now if you want to look at your so called paradise for the world just look at the Federal Reserve. Legal tender used to be backed by something but now its backed by nothing. They have the monopoly over money creation and look at what is happening. How in the hell can you think that a world central bank will be better if it had such power? You've got to be stark raving mad!

In short centralization of anything creates the breeding ground for corruption and if you want more examples of this then I'll be here for days rattling them off. Its bad enough as it is with the corruption in centralized functions like governments, how can you honestly with any brain cell think that it will get better if you centralize it even further?

Pengwuino said:
This really is one of the reasons there is debate on reforming P&WA. The original post is meaningless. It would be like saying "We need to get rid of all non-science majors in universities. This would stop world hunger, allow us to colonize other galaxies, end all murder, make cable TV free, and allow bread to fall butter-side down".

No content is given, no actual thought put in. It's akin to a teenage girl declaring she deserves a new $50,000 SUV for her 16th birthday. Why? "Because."

dude, you're going to get a lot of teenagers posting teenage views of the world here. it's just the nature of the beast. the OP's question seems silly to the old farts here, but we've been around long enough to realize these things really aren't possible. at least not in a timeframe that our lives fit into, or without a significant amount of brutality.

Physics-Learner said:
what is of greatest concern to me is still the countless numbers of people who don't realize that govt is not their friend. all that govt for the people, by the people stuff. geez, they are almost as good as another entity i had close ties with, regarding brainwashing the masses.

i like the song by dylan when he says something like, "if the arrow is sharp, it can pierce thru dust no matter how thick" (something to that effect).

What concerns me is the movement in the United States that "all government is bad". With a nation of 300M+ and a world of 6B+, we need to have government. Anarchy would be a disaster. The challenge is to make the government more efficient and responsive. Throwing up our hands and saying "all government is bad" is not the answer.

chiro said:
But there is one thing that most people don't realize: in some of these countries, it is illegal to charge interest on loans: (its called usury). From this very simple law, people do not become debt slaves to financial institutions and have the ability to create genuine personal wealth for themselves.
Sure, unless they want a loan to start a business to create wealth for themselves. Then they're screwed because business loans are not an option.

That works out just fine for those that already have plenty of money, though. Keeps the competition away.

phyzguy said:
What concerns me is the movement in the United States that "all government is bad". With a nation of 300M+ and a world of 6B+, we need to have government. Anarchy would be a disaster. The challenge is to make the government more efficient and responsive. Throwing up our hands and saying "all government is bad" is not the answer.
Um, you have a link to such a movement? I keep hearing about it, but have never actually seen evidence of any such movement. Is it like the tooth fairy?

Pengwuino said:
This really is one of the reasons there is debate on reforming P&WA. The original post is meaningless. It would be like saying "We need to get rid of all non-science majors in universities. This would stop world hunger, allow us to colonize other galaxies, end all murder, make cable TV free, and allow bread to fall butter-side down".

No content is given, no actual thought put in. It's akin to a teenage girl declaring she deserves a new $50,000 SUV for her 16th birthday. Why? "Because."

I think some of the responses in this thread, including yours, are a bigger problem than the op. If the stated position doesn't make sense, then explain why it doesn't make sense. Your position suggests that education has no place here. How is that consistent with the mission of this forum?

What I see is a mob mentality and a bunch of cheap shots.

Ivan Seeking said:
I think some of the responses in this thread, including yours, are a bigger problem than the op. If the stated position doesn't make sense, then explain why it doesn't make sense. Your position suggests that education has no place here. How is that consistent with the mission of this forum?

What you are saying is definitely true. However, I think this thread should have been shut down a while ago. Making the kind of statements that Forestman was making on page 1 of the thread, without citations or even any rational support, is going to get this kind of response every time.

Although I will say that Forestman has shown better conduct than most on this thread, including myself.

Al68 said:
Um, you have a link to such a movement? I keep hearing about it, but have never actually seen evidence of any such movement. Is it like the tooth fairy?

You keep hearing about it, because you come off like it, which may be why you chimed in although the comment wasn't directed at you?

No?

Here's an example then: the midwestern "militia" movements.

Ivan Seeking said:

I think that people who chime in with something this ridiculous, and persist in their error are best corrected through shame and cheap shots. The alternative is what life will deal them, and that's not some text online.

edit: This may explain my view on how P&WA could be "corrected"... if people act like fools, let them be well aware of the depth of their condemnation, and if they fail to provide support and persist... continue.

nismaratwork said:
I think that people who chime in with something this ridiculous, and persist in their error are best corrected through shame and cheap shots. The alternative is what life will deal them, and that's not some text online.

I think it is easiest to throw cheap shots, but its not the best way. If you are condescending to someone, and poke fun at them, they won't value your opinion anymore. So now you've thrown away your voice. Then it creates a negative atmosphere on the thread.

But the reality for me is this. I don't want to spend the effort and time being polite and thorough in my explanations when I feel that the person I'm speaking to is delusional in some aspects. Since I don't respect Forestman's opinion, or the way it was presented, the chances of me approaching his posts with an ounce of compassion are slim to none.

dacruick said:
I think it is easiest to throw cheap shots, but its not the best way. If you are condescending to someone, and poke fun at them, they won't value your opinion anymore. So now you've thrown away your voice and your opinion. Then it creates a negative atmosphere on the thread.

But the reality for me is that I don't want to spend the effort and time being polite and thorough in my explanations, when I feel that the person I'm speaking to is delusional in some aspects. Since I don't respect Forestman's opinion, or the way it was presented, the chances of me approaching his posts with an ounce of compassion are slim to none.

Your first point is for me, inextricably linked to the second, but very few P&WA posts, even by those I violently disagree with (Russ' for instance) are like that, or warrent that kind of response. Those few which are beyond hope shouldn't be instantly met with condemnation, but between ignoring someone and poking them a bit... I would poke. The latter has a chance at least, of eliciting a respone, which may be a loss for me personally, but it may also lead to something better in the future.

There is a world of difference between unfounded ranting like Forestman's, and extreme ideology rigidly presented. The latter is annoying, and frusterating, and may have the same result, but the former is hopeless. In the latter case, there's still hope, but cordiality is all that's expected or required.

Pengwuino said:
This really is one of the reasons there is debate on reforming P&WA.
I count at least 5 fairly clear violations of the existing P&WA rules over the course of the thread between the OP and the above post. Did you report any of the bad posts? I did. Asking for more moderation to make up for the lack of initiative from the membership is just lazy, if you ask me. This is a volunteer run site. It's like a teenage girl asking for a new $50,000 SUV because her current $50,000 SUV has a flat tire.

Ivan Seeking said:

I see the cheap shots too. But nevertheless, it is true that the claims implied in the OP could use a lot more substantiation than was given. Requiring the OP to compose a well thought out and expressed thread starter based on at least some published sources is hardly unreasonable, and certainly doesn't diminish the educational value of PF.

dacruick said:
What you are saying is definitely true. However, I think this thread should have been shut down a while ago. Making the kind of statements that Forestman was making on page 1 of the thread, without citations or even any rational support, is going to get this kind of response every time.
I mostly agree, but there is a very simple solution to this problem. REPORT the bad posts.

Although I will say that Forestman has shown better conduct than most on this thread...
I agree.

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
I count at least 5 fairly clear violations of the existing P&WA rules between the OP and the above post. Did you report any of the bad posts? I did. Asking for more moderation to make up for the lack of initiative from the membership is just lazy, if you ask me. This is a volunteer run site. It's like a teenage girl asking for a new $50,000 SUV because her current $50,000 SUV has a flat tire.

I see the cheap shots too. But nevertheless, it is true that the claims implied in the OP could use a lot more substantiation than was given. Requiring the OP to compose a well-thought out and expressed thread starter based on at least some published sources is hardly unreasonable, and certainly doesn't diminish the educational value of PF.

I mostly agree, but there is a very simple solution to this problem. REPORT the bad posts.

I agree.

Reports lead to warnings and infractions... I for one would prefer to argue with someone unless there is no hope, or the content of the posts is truly egregious. Maybe the reporting habits in P&WA reflect an underlying lack of a desire to be moderated or moderate in the current fashion around naturally combustible issues?

Besides, every report = work for a mentor... if the issue can be resolved without resorting to that, why not? Spare the volunteers, who in Politics have their own internal issues (unless mentors lose their political views upon initiation) in what often boils down to deeply personal issues.

There is also this: would you ever design a pressure vessel without an emergency relief valve? Welcome to what (as far as I can tell) is that valve.

nismaratwork said:
Reports lead to warnings and infractions...
That certainly isn't the policy, and I've never once seen it happen while I was on the staff. Perhaps a continued abuse of the report system (even after warnings not to do so) may result in infractions.

I for one would prefer to argue with someone unless there is no hope, or the content of the posts is truly egregious. Maybe the reporting habits in P&WA reflect an underlying lack of a desire to be moderated or moderate in the current fashion around naturally combustible issues?
That is your personal preference. However, in general, it is unreasonable to demand more moderation when even the tools that exist are not being utilized. Furthermore, belittling a member or insulting them, rarely helps further an argument in any constructive manner. Not to mention, it's clearly against the rules.

Besides, every report = work for a mentor... if the issue can be resolved without resorting to that, why not?
Even the best intentions can lead to bad outcomes. Reporting the OP could have had the thread locked pending a revised, better sourced OP. That single report may alone have spared the huge headache that inevitable arises when a bad-to-borderline thread that is not being continuously monitored is eventually reported at page 10, requiring a Mentor to have to read through 9+ pages of posts to figure out how to deal with the thread.

Physics-Learner said:

It’s true, but you have to put it in context:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_government#United_Nations

World government

World War II, 1939–1945, resulted in an unprecedented scale of destruction of lives (over 60 million dead, most of them civilians), and the use of Weapons of Mass Destruction. Some of the acts committed against civilians during the war were on such a massive scale of savagery, they came to be widely considered as crimes against humanity itself. As the war's conclusion drew near, many shocked voices called for the establishment of institutions able to permanently prevent deadly international conflicts. This led to the founding of the United Nations in 1945, which adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948. Many, however, felt that the UN, essentially a forum for discussion and coordination between sovereign governments, was insufficiently empowered for the task. A number of prominent persons, such as Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Bertrand Russell and Mahatma Gandhi, called on governments to proceed further by taking gradual steps towards forming an effectual federal world government.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/world-government/

World Government

After the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, atomic scientists lobbied for the international control of atomic energy as a main function of world federalist government. Albert Einstein wrote in 1946 that technological developments had shrunk the planet, through increased economic interdependence and mutual vulnerability through weapons of mass destruction. To secure peace, Einstein asserted, “A world government must be created which is able to solve conflicts between nations by judicial decision. This government must be based on a clear-cut constitution which is approved by the governments and nations and which gives it the sole disposition of offensive weapons” (1956, 138).

Gokul43201 said:
That certainly isn't the policy, and I've never once seen it happen while I was on the staff. Perhaps a continued abuse of the report system (even after warnings not to do so) may result in infractions.

You misunderstand, I mean that it ends that way for the reported party... that's still not always desirable.

Gokul43201 said:
That is your personal preference. However, in general, it is unreasonable to demand more moderation when even the tools that exist are not being utilized. Furthermore, belittling a member or insulting them, rarely helps further an argument in any constructive manner. Not to mention, it's clearly against the rules.

De Jure or De Facto?... Obviously they are sharply divided in practice in P&WA, and the reporting practices you describe are indication that this is more than just my preference.

Gokul43201 said:
Even the best intentions can lead to bad outcomes. Reporting the OP could have had the thread locked pending a revised, better sourced OP. That single report may alone have spared the huge headache that inevitable arises when a bad-to-borderline thread that is not being continuously monitored is eventually reported at page 10, requiring a Mentor to have to read through 9+ pages of posts to figure out how to deal with the thread.

Good intentions can lead to bad outcomes indeed, and blowback, and unintended consequences in general. You make a good point about dumping this on a moderator after 10 pages... I'm not arguing for that at all. I'm saying that in a case like this, where you have nearly universal condemnation of the OP's notion (not the OP though), where's the harm? This is the reaction s/he'll get in life, only lasting and without the benefit of as many rules and regulations.

Besides, I've rarely seen an active thread in P&WA without at least one mentor actively posting, never mind reading it. Your good intentions to attenuate hostility may have the unintended consequence of leading to increased, but veiled hostility... which does seem to be the case. When looking to change rules, it's best to look at the past (which sounds unpleasant by all accounts), the present, and possible futures.

Do we go with the ideal that is not followed, the practice that's imperfect and imperfectly enforced by your standards at least, or a new model? Maybe the issue is the topic... guns, abortion, elected officials, unions, corporations, war, peace... these issues are ones that engender passion. My guess is that to make this sub-forum peaceful, you'd need to close it... the kind of enmity that builds in these cases can only be bridged by individuals.

Example: WhoWee and I often do NOT agree, yet we don't' fight tooth and nail over everything. I've come to respect him as a valuable source of information, and while he has a strong view that I don't' agree with, he often presents in a way that I have no answer to. Others just make noise, and the same noise, over... and over, and over... as though awaiting the perfect echo. Without a measure of conflict, the latter would be free in P&WA, and the former would probably never have happened.

Unintended consequences tend to be more extensive than just, "more reading".

Forestman said:
We need a one world government too:
Stop man made climate change.
Stop terrorism.
Stop over population.
Stop the threat of nuclear war.
Create a stable economy.
Create a defense against asteroids and solar flares.

Not quite making the connection between number of governments and these particular issues. What if the one world government, for example, wasn't interested in anthropogenic climate change?

The fundamental problem with your argument isn't really feasibility (plenty of dictators have help power over too many people for far too long), but that you simply assume this one-world-government would align itself with your desires. Hardly seems likely!

Besides, with many governments there is an inherent check-and-balance system in place. Is Russia nukes South Africa (I don't know why), then Russia expects retaliation. With a single world government, who would be left to keep that government in check?

Sounds like one of those 8th-grade social studies discussions.

FlexGunship said:
Not quite making the connection between number of governments and these particular issues. What if the one world government, for example, wasn't interested in anthropogenic climate change?

The fundamental problem with your argument isn't really feasibility (plenty of dictators have help power over too many people for far too long), but that you simply assume this one-world-government would align itself with your desires. Hardly seems likely!

Besides, with many governments there is an inherent check-and-balance system in place. Is Russia nukes South Africa (I don't know why), then Russia expects retaliation. With a single world government, who would be left to keep that government in check?

Sounds like one of those 8th-grade social studies discussions.

Good to see you back and kicking hard. :biggrin:

Forestman said:
We need a one world government too:
Stop man made climate change.
Stop terrorism.
Stop over population.
Stop the threat of nuclear war.
Create a stable economy.
Create a defense against asteroids and solar flares.
I think it would be better to pick at the individual statements than to criticize the statement as a whole. Most of these ideas can be thought out logically using historical examples without picking at the OP himself.

Stop man made climate change -
This certainly could be achieved by a world-wide regulating authority assuming that we have enough of an impact on climate to make a change by regulating industry. That would be another topic entirely.

Stop Terrorism -
This is impossible. According to the US Department of Defense's http://terrorism.about.com/od/whatisterroris1/ss/DefineTerrorism_4.htm"
definition of terrorism.
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.
By this definition you can never really stop terrorism, any more than you can stop every individual in the world from committing unlawful acts.
The only affect a world government would have is preventing a state sponsored terrorism. This would be a mute point because you would only be stopping state sponsored terrorism because their would only be one state. On another note, what stops the single world government from committing terrorism.

Stop Overpopulation -
A touchy subject in itself, this could theoretically be solved by having a single world government by implementing laws regulating the number of children people can have. I can just imagine how we would have alternating periods where everyone is required to have one child, followed by maintenance periods where we are required to have two children to maintain optimal population followed by periods where we have to have three in order to increase the population during periods that are dwindling. Like the climate change argument, this could be discussed in its own thread.

Stop the Threat of Nuclear War-
Mutually assured destruction is just as strong a deterrent as a hypothetical world government. A world government could theoretically dismantle all nuclear weapons, but to what end. We live in the post-nuclear age, we are going to have to accept that these weapons exist and come to a balance. If we dismantle them all, as time progresses the possibility always arises that through need or evil intent they could show up again. The other problem I can see is that with a single world government, there would be no way to hold your government accountable should it opt to use nuclear weapons in an isolated incident. It seems to me that there will always be a threat of war and of great loss of life. Should a world war arise between large groups of people, these extremely efficient weapons will rear their ugly head again and again.

Create a Stable Economy-
Unifying currencies has not shown, so far, any improvement in stabilizing economies. When you unify currencies you tie the worth of your money to the stability of every local and regional economy in the currencies reach. The up-side is that should, through political or agricultural turmoil, a local economy is doing poorly the currency doesn't lose worth and inflation is less of an issue. The reason for this is that the stronger economies can prop up the currency until the local area stabilizes. The downside is that the more widespread economic decline the larger the burden on the other countries and a wide-spread failure is more likely to affect a larger area.
For instance a decline in one country can stifle the growth of another country. Stifling growth is roughly equivalent to initiating decline economically. The results in both countries ending up in a decline and this snowballs into a general decline.
It just doesn't make economic sense to put all your eggs in one basket. This isn't idealistic, but there is no such thing as an perfect economic system.

Create a defense against asteroids and solar flairs -
Sadly I can't really come up with a discussion to address this. The subject matter is a little far fetched. This is roughly like saying we need a defense against the Earth ending. Eventually technology will reach a point where defending against these problems will be feasible. A unified government certainly could coordinate to find a defense, but at what cost economically, and socially. At best, it would speed up a defense, but not really so much so that it would be worth the drawbacks in other areas. By the time we developed the tech to destroy, move entire asteroids we may also have the means to colonize other planets and evacuate Earth. There are just too many variables.

Other issues to consider -
Politics -
How much more frustrating will politics become with world government. Think about what it is where your from multiplied by the number of people who don't live in your country. You have to accept that the most popular (not most able) people get elected and that politics are inherently corrupt. You accept these facts like any reasonable person accepts the duality of man.

Bureaucracy -
The operation of government would be so complex that it would be near impossible to manage it, and near absolutely impossible to run efficiently.

(I did read the posts between the first and this, but I didn't really feel like drawing on those arguments just yet.)

Forestman said:

And you might be right, but one of the criticism of world government is that you’re going to create more problems than you solve, and the first obvious is – WHO is to be in charge??

Are you going to solve it with – one woman/man, one vote?

Total Population
ivekr8.jpg

In Spring 2000 world population estimates reached 6 billion; that is 6 thousand million. The distribution of the Earth's population is shown in this map.

Or, are you going to solve it with – one $, one vote?

GDP Wealth
244dv8l.png

This wealth map shows which territories have the greatest wealth when Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is compared using currency exchange rates. This indicates international purchasing power - what someone’s money would be worth if they wanted to spend it in another territory.

Next problem; if you don’t get global acceptance for a "World government", how are you going to avoid ('self' generated) violence?

(Maps from http://www.worldmapper.org/" )