Will a black blob and a white blob glow with the same intensity at 3000 Kelvin?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
shmijda
Messages
23
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


If a black blob and a white blob of the same size are each heated to 3000 Kelvin, the black blob will glow brighter.Question 11 options:
True
False

Homework Equations


none

The Attempt at a Solution


white because it reflects all incident rays?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Once again, I say to you, science is not a democracy. Polling for answer is very much the wrong way to go about it.

If you know that an object is at 3000 degrees K, do you need to know anything else to know the intensity of its radiation?
 
Sorry about the polling, I promptly deleted it. I think that intensity of radiation does not depend on color?
 
shmijda said:
Sorry about the polling, I promptly deleted it. I think that intensity of radiation does not depend on color?
Scratch that I figured it out thank you