Will Bob Moore's legacy continue to live on in the company he founded?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
22,714
Reaction score
7,805
Grateful boss gives company to workers :approve:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=18227127

Bob Moore - "The company belongs to the people who make it possible."

I tip my brow to Bob Moore.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
Grateful boss gives company to workers :approve:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=18227127

Bob Moore - "The company belongs to the people who make it possible."

I tip my brow to Bob Moore.

:rolleyes: Who wants to place bets on when that business goes under?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Choronzon said:
:rolleyes: Who wants to place bets on when that business goes under?
My thoughts too. Is everyone equal? Who knows how to run the business as opposed to just doing a specific job? How will conflicts on how to run the business be resolved? What if some want to sell and others don't? Can any of them borrow against the business? If so, what limits are there?
 
This reminds me of a government that sprung up a long while ago in a far off land.
 
Evo said:
My thoughts too. Is everyone equal? Who knows how to run the business as opposed to just doing a specific job? How will conflicts on how to run the business be resolved? What if some want to sell and others don't? Can any of them borrow against the business? If so, what limits are there?
As far as I know, the ESOP rules apply. The shareholders get to vote for board members, like any shareholding company.

Then again, I got burned in an ESOP. We had two inside directors and 4 outside - but then it didn't appear that the outside directors were completely independent of the insiders - based on the stupid (negligent) decisions that were made. The outsiders resigned fairly quickly when the company took a nosedive.

Hopefully they have some business sense, and can work together.
 
Astronuc said:
As far as I know, the ESOP rules apply. The shareholders get to vote for board members, like any shareholding company.

Then again, I got burned in an ESOP. We had two inside directors and 4 outside - but then it didn't appear that the outside directors were completely independent of the insiders - based on the stupid (negligent) decisions that were made. The outsiders resigned fairly quickly when the company took a nosedive.

Hopefully they have some business sense, and can work together.
Hopefully he plans to stay on as an advisor as long as he can to make sure they are able to run the company.
 
Evo said:
Hopefully he plans to stay on as an advisor as long as he can to make sure they are able to run the company.
I think he's 81. Hope he mentored some people, or that his style influenced others.

I still keep in touch with the managers with whom I worked at the previous company (except for the Pres. who piloted the company into the nose dive). We actually had two presidents, because of our geographic distribution. The president of the division in which I worked is now a good friend, more or less, and we keep in touch. He surprised me one day when he came into my office for a father-son type of talk, just before he retired.